good mechanic in PHX

cpgoodman

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
does anybody know of a good mechanic in the phoenix area? im having some problems with my car i cant seem to get a straight answer on it. im trying to avoid taking it to the dealer because of my last go-round with them. i know i saw a few people on here from the area, any recommendations? thanks in advance for any advice.

does anybody know of a good mechanic in the phoenix area? im having some problems with my car i cant seem to get a straight answer on it. im trying to avoid taking it to the dealer because of my last go-round with them. i know i saw a few people on here from the area, any recommendations? thanks in advance for any advice.

Which dealer did you have problems with?

I'm located in Mesa, and I attempted to make an appointment with the lincoln dealer in Mesa. I never received a call back!

Burge ford in mesa. thats where i had an issue.

the car stalls out intermittently (01 v6 85k). Ill be at a stop light and when i go to mash the gas to take off it starts to stall out, sometimes dieing. Im thinking its a valve cover leaking. ive been doing a lot of searching and thats kind of what im thinking. I just dont know whether or not i should just take it somewhere or replace the gaskets myself first.

I've been taking my to Sanderson Lincoln in Glendale for the past 8 years. I don't get any great deals, nor have I had any work done it other than early warranty stuff. While I can't sing their praises for being awesome, I can say that they haven't ripped me off either. Of course, the first big ticket repair could change my opinion.

Hi Good

Where do you live???.....There is San Tan ford and Superstition Ford(earnhardt's) in the mesa area. Then coming back to Scottsdale area there is Power ford, Chapman L&M, my place here Five Star ford. As for Good tech's for drivability your best bet is a dealer as they have the know how because they see it everyday so they can useally target right on the concern. But that is my opinon as I have worked for dealers..good and bad....for 30 odd years.

Max

I have always had poor experiences with earnhardts, and horrible with berge. always good with fiesta lincoln, and my dad even takes his ford expedition there now and refuses to go to berge anymore.

I have always had poor experiences with earnhardts, and horrible with berge. always good with fiesta lincoln, and my dad even takes his ford expedition there now and refuses to go to berge anymore.

Cool, I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks

What part of Giilbert are you from? I have a friend located near Ranch House and Pecos. ( I think those are the names)

I'm still pretty new to the area.

Never heard of Ranch House. I have a house off of Pecos and Val Vista, but usually stay at the old ball and chains place in Tempe since it's closer to work.

Let me chime back in here. Until now, my 2000 LS has avoided the leaking VCG problem. I've been smelling that tell tale sign for a month or so now, but I could never see any smoke, or a mis-colored exhaust manifold. Well, as it turned out, both VCGs were leaking from the rear, so thank God the leaks didn't involve the Coils.

Anyway, I took the LS to Joe's Auto in Avondale (There's two other locations in town). They replaced both VCGs for $280+ plus parts. Right from the start, the tech told me it's going to be a bitch getting to the driver's side VCG, so I knew he's at least had some experience/knowledge with the LSs. Not being mechanically inclined, I had it done.

I'm out some money, but my baby is no longer a smoker. Threw some new plugs in her, got a fuel injector servicing (all of them for the first time since the car was new), and now she's purring like... (enter metaphor here please). :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back