Good Idea?

jrod

LVC Member
Reaction score
On my 97 Conti i just had my windows tinted and added by TV / DVD to the dash. I plan on showing this vehicle this summer and found a shop near me who can do rear suicide doors on the Lincoln. I want to put 18" wheels on it but want them to to kind resemble the Lincolns of the 60's. Any ideas? Other tasteful badging I could use?

jrod said:
On my 97 Conti i just had my windows tinted and added by TV / DVD to the dash. I plan on showing this vehicle this summer and found a shop near me who can do rear suicide doors on the Lincoln. I want to put 18" wheels on it but want them to to kind resemble the Lincolns of the 60's. Any ideas? Other tasteful badging I could use?

Suicides would be unique on the 97 but I think itd look awkward on that body if I were you i'd get lambo doors and get chrome 18" chrome rims :) do you have any pics of the conti?

Man that's my car but silver. nice Lincoln. I have no pictures posted yet but will get some on. My girlfriend took my pictures of my old lincolns to show some people today so i'll have to post those too when i get them back. I thought the suicides would be unique. I was thinking of the Lambo doors on my Eldorado.

suicides could be sharp I just dunno though cuz the 97 kinda reminds me of a 4 door mark 8. My future projects are clear corners, 18 inch chrome rims, lower the car, paint the calipers red, mirrored turn signal bulbs, auto start and a nice white led neon kit :) just gotta see how the paper is this summer and what the gf lets me do....... :rolleyes: lol what am I saying i'll still end up doing all that stuff

How would the Conti look lowered? I would like the Cobra wheels on it but the whole front wheel drive thing......

suicide doors would look MUCH better then lambo doors....I never understood people who put lambo doors on a 4dr car.....

jrod said:
How would the Conti look lowered? I would like the Cobra wheels on it but the whole front wheel drive thing......

I want the Cobra Wheels aswell heres a photoshopped pic of my car with em :) only i'd want my calipers painted red and i'd want those LMS Cobra Badges on the side panels if they came available

conti1135796349.jpg

jrod said:

I think lowering the car would give it a more aggresive stance, then i'd wanna start working on the performance aspect of the car

jrod said:
Would the Cobra wheels work with our cars, or a wheel resembling them?

Ya OneBadMK8 Said they should and that it'd look good on the contis why wouldn't they work? LSKoncepts has some rims that are pretty sweet too

I was thinking they wouldn't work because they are off a rear wheel drive vehicle. And then what about lowering it?

jrod said:
I was thinking they wouldn't work because they are off a rear wheel drive vehicle. And then what about lowering it?

Im still wondering about that. What colors your conti? and whats your current project for her

Mines all white with the 30% tint on all windows. Basically identical to yours but white. I'd like to do some exhaust and engine work after I do the wheels.

jrod said:
Mines all white with the 30% tint on all windows. Basically identical to yours but white. I'd like to do some exhaust and engine work after I do the wheels.

I'd like to mod the engine aswell wondered if it was possible to use Cobra parts on it

jrod said:

fwd rwd it doesnt make an iota of difference as long as the hub spacing and offset match up.there is no such animal as a fwd or rwd rim.

those rims do look good on the conti. What kind of mods are there for the conti,i thought all you could do is put a better air filter in.

mark0101 said:
those rims do look good on the conti. What kind of mods are there for the conti,i thought all you could do is put a better air filter in.

Depends on what you want, Performance or Appearance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back