Good deals at Circuit City.......

toomanyfumes

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Stopped in at Circuit City today to check out the closeout sale, not expecting to find much.

Ended up picking up a Sony GT630UI Head Unit, and 4 Kicker KS680 6X8 speakers, all 40% off! Can't wait to get them in my LS with my sub and amp.

I also picked up a 19" flatscreen monitor for my computer to replace my 15".:D

The one by me closed about a month before Christmas. And the "sale" prices they had were still higher than Best Buy.

I checked the prices at Best Buy and online before I bought. I had heard from people before that the prices weren't that good. But today the place looked like it was being looted. Long lines of people buying Laptops, Flat screen TV's, etc.

I bought an amp from them yesterday - MTX Terminator TN250/1 for $ 108. the place was like a madhouse.

Where I live they have 20% off all tvs, but that is just marketing because that replaces the sale price.
For example a 58" Samsung I have had my eye on is regularly 3500 CC "going out of business liquidation" is 2880 BB normal sale price is 2800 and HHgregg has it right now for 2400 which BB will match on the spot.

I thought about offering CC 2000 to see what they said. Mark up on tv is almost as bad as jewlery!

haha yeah I dont think people typically wait in line for they turn to loot.

LOL alright if you stood outside the store and couldn't see the lines it looked that way. And maybe I exaggerated a bit.

They had the TV's 20 % too. Ok deals on those but not great. Lot of other stuff was picked over.

The one by my house sucks even there 40% off open box buys on the nav systems were the same price as other places without a sale no wonder they are going out of business!!!!!!!!!

lol on sale???

I stopped by circuit city.. I was hoping to maybe find a few things for a good deal, and quickly noticed that they had marked everything up to an outragous price THEN claimed 40% off of that price. Wii games for $70 with 20%off?? Ill pass!

After seeing that stunt, Im glad circuit city is closing, their as bad as a stealership! PLZ dont fall for their gimmicks

Prices I seen wasn't anything special like you would think since a liquidation company took over instead of them just trying to get rid of the stuff.

yea lets buy a tv that has been on the floor running for three mths or longer non stop then get no replacment good idea

yea lets buy a tv that has been on the floor running for three mths or longer non stop then get no replacment good idea

You get a manufature's warranty man....usually 1 year, 2 on some models and if you pay with your Amex, well, you don't have to worry about anything.

You get a manufature's warranty man....usually 1 year, 2 on some models and if you pay with your Amex, well, you don't have to worry about anything.

Buying floor models is okay for some things, but not TVs.
There is a very specific number of hours that the backlights in the TV will last. Many of those hours have been used up when it was on 12 or 24 hours a days for several months. Yes, it will last long enough to get out of warranty. But after that, you have a TV that lasts for 3 or 4 years instead of 10.

Buying floor models is okay for some things, but not TVs.
There is a very specific number of hours that the backlights in the TV will last. Many of those hours have been used up when it was on 12 or 24 hours a days for several months. Yes, it will last long enough to get out of warranty. But after that, you have a TV that lasts for 3 or 4 years instead of 10.

Come on, LCD bulbs are not expensive at all.

Members online

Back