good cross drilled front rotors

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What have you found to be the best?

I have tried Max which are inexpensive: pads, nor rotors lasted beyond 15k.

Tried DBC they maybe last 20k, but shutter. Still on these. Both claim zinc coating - not true.

I bought KVR for a Thunderbird Turbo over 15 years ago and they still are amazing. Yes cost far more back then and stop amazingly to this day, many years after.

I tried to get KRV, but the business was bought out. I called and they do not have stock and don't look like they will be making any more brake parts for any car.

ebay has:
elite
power stop
Etc but they all look the same with minimal drilling.
Brakenetic look similar to the KVR but do not know if they are good?

I found KRV in the USA (these are made in Canada) but Super Coupe Performance list them from 93-97? I didn't think there was any difference in the M8 brakes, is that not correct?

'93-97 KVR High-Performance Cross-Drilled Rotor - Stock 10.9" Size - Front

I have not had any luck with cross drilled rotors & ceramics. They just get eaten up faster than OEM. The extra cost is just not justified IMO for a street car.

I've heard good things about ebc the yellow stuff and the red stuff as they're called but I've not used them personally, and why drilled and not dimpled isn't dimpled supposed to last twice as long since cracks don't develop?

I've heard good things about ebc the yellow stuff and the red stuff as they're called but I've not used them personally, and why drilled and not dimpled isn't dimpled supposed to last twice as long since cracks don't develop?
Why cross drilled? Well I replaced the stock front pads/rotors on an 88 Turbo Coupe with the KVR cross drilled and 15 years later and 50k miles, they still brake like new and have about 35% pad left.

Cross drilled are supposed to run cooler and remove water quicker. As long as they are drilled properly. I read that dimpled rotors are an evolution of cross drilled. To me the cross drilled holes would pull air through them, which would cool them better, where dimples could not. Thus less chance of warping or cracking.

Last edited:
Why cross drilled? Well I replaced the stock front pads/rotors on an 88 Turbo Coupe with the KVR cross drilled and 15 years later and 50k miles, they still brake like new and have about 35% pad left.

Cross drilled are supposed to run cooler and remove water quicker. As long as they are drilled properly. I read that dimpled rotors are an evolution of cross drilled. To me the cross drilled holes would pull air through them, which would cool them better, where dimples could not. Thus less chance of warping or cracking.
Thats awesome that they lasted 15 years can't beat that, but I seem to remember an engineering explained video talking about the pros and cons of each and a detailed description of all three types. And I could have swore that drilled cooled a little better because of the holes like you said where as the dimples sweep air through as the pad glide across or something to that effect, I'd have to watch the video again.

I just put max in the front and power stop kit street rod edition in the rears , bled system and car stops on a dime !! 97 LSC

Members online

Back