Going to need an aftermarket CD player

mattlikespeoples

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, atleast i'm pretty sure that i will. Dont have the car yet (get it this weekend:D ) but it's completely stock and i ahve a kenwood 1000w amp and 2 JL audio 12w3's to put in it. There might be a CD changer in the back but i dont want to have to deal with that because i shuffle cd's like you would songs. From looking online at hi-fi buys and best buy there dont seem to be many options availble. Perhaps thats just impropper knowledge of the car by the website but not many options looked open. How many of you have aftermarket radios and stereo equipment in your deville? Just lookin for a little advice to know what to do. thanks in advance.

What car do you have? I am assuming its a Deville.. Several places sell the adapter hardware to mount a standard sized head unit. They also carry the adapter harness for the wires.
There are a few things you need to know about your car before you start.
What radio/speaker system do you have now? If it says Bose on the front of it, your speakers are 10 ohm and will not work properly with the aftermarket radios 4 ohm output.
Also the door chimes and audible warnings amoungst quite a few other things are operated thru the factory radio.

If you look at the factory radio harness's wires(32pin), there is about 28 wires going into the radio.
If you look at the aftermarket harness to hook up an aftermarket radio's wires, it uses 12.
The other 15 or so HAVE to be for something.

I would suggest that BEFORE YOU BUY, take your factory radio out for a week, and see what kind of weird electrical problems you have, if any.

p.s. Make sure you keep your door key on you because one of the symtoms is that the keyFOB dont work half the time. And dont leave the keys in the car, the doors sometimes lock when you grap the outside handle to open it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back