Going to be racing a Ko4'd GTI need help/tips

What!?! Holy crap ! :eek: he must be really taking it easy when he drives ! Its peppy but I had no idea that the HP was comparable to the LS ! I'm happy for me to ! Soooo glad I didn't run my mouth. Wow.

well that probably a good thing, since the car (a) has almost the same horse power as the LS with half the motor and (230-240hp out of a 2 liter)(b) weighs a full 1000 lbs less. unless you car can runs a real low 14, your not going to take him.

^ True! I raced a guy with an S2000 when I first got my last LS8 and he smoked me over and over, traction on/off or no matter how I tried to launch it. He had an intake and an exhaust but the result would have been the same against stock, especially since he had a 6 speed and virtually no wheel spin.

They make 240 at the crank not the wheels but yes they can move.

That's pretty good ! I really never expected over 210 He never drives it like its fast, but he wouldn't have thrown the challenge out there if he didn't think he would smoke me. This was one of those moments in life , where you totally doubt someone in your own head , then turn out to be totally wrong ! lmao.
I still think your tarded Scott !!

Yeah the s2000 is a performance roadster not a civc.

Its also rear wheel drive.

I knew it was a RWD and that the weight wasn't nearly as heavy as the LS. Its just that HP ! I've never owned a Honda. I know they are great cars and last forever. The visual appearance doesn't suite me. That's cool ! Learn something new everyday !

2002, man them are the ugly ones. Even if you lose you are still a winning lol.

My tip would to to only tip in the throttle off the line, maybe 1/2 throttle, try different amounts to see what you get, you want a little wheel spin but not to roast them. If you just floor it off the line you basically bog the engine down and it will make less torque. One more thing is if you constantly keep spinning one tire and it's the same every time, then air that tire down a few pounds to give it some squat. For instance I found that my left tire likes to break loose if I would take a few pounds of pressure out it would help the tire grip and transfer power to the otherside.

One last thing, try to race it less fuel in your car, maybe 1/4 tank or less. Make sure you practice with about the same about of fuel because will affect the way the car launches.

Good lucky racing and clear some inbox space, wanna get those springs :D

My bad im out so its a pain to do it on my phone. Just post here. Did you talk to the guy?

Yeah ready whenever you are, give me a call and i'll let you know what's going on.

Got in contact with him, he wont budge from his posted price. Anyway he told me where he was, and hes like an hour away from me, and i doubt ill be able to pick it up this weekend as something came up.

Idk maybe paypal him a deposit, for next weekend?

What!?! Holy crap ! :eek: he must be really taking it easy when he drives ! Its peppy but I had no idea that the HP was comparable to the LS ! I'm happy for me to ! Soooo glad I didn't run my mouth. Wow.

You really have to wind them out to get into the horsepower, which is probably why it never felt all that impressive when you were riding along.

You really have to wind them out to get into the horsepower
yea they dont really have any low end torque (not that we do) but the power doesnt come in until real late, and they rev crazy high (for your average car) so unless you are really driving the hell out of it, you really dont fell like its that fast, it fukcing sneaky like that.

if my memory serves me the older ones reved the highest, with the later version they where able to pull the same power at a slightly lower RPM that they had to drop to due to a longer stroke

I raced a K03 @ 23psi with other bolt ons and he was right there with me on the highway, from a dig you should walk him pretty well depending on how serious his K04 kit is, could just be a turbo and nothing else or he could have a tune, fmic, full exhaust which incase you would more than likely meet your demise.

UPDATE and ADVICE

sorry guys race is not happening...at least not for a while.

got another speeding ticket on monday(60 in a 35), bringing my grand total to 9 points!

Thank God NJ deducts 3 points every year, and my previous points were gone, otherwise i would have no license at the moment.

For all those other young LS owners out there, i just want to remind you that "driving is a privilege." Going to be keeping that in mind for the next three years. Ill hopefully have a clean slate then lol i lucked out this time, and i've certainly learned my lesson. I hope others can learn from this.

anyways, i just thought i would update for those who were waiting for results.

Hmm, in VT, they don't take any points off for 3 years :(. And I have a couple from a speeding ticket lol. I don't go more than 5 mph over the speed limit, 10 mph over on interstates (faster if I know there are no pull offs or anything lol) but I play it hella more cautious now.

Yeah, it happens. That's my luck too. I got pulled over for 90 in a 55 about 10 years ago. He dropped it down to 74. But I normally drive 63 in a 60, or 70-71 in a 65. 32 in a 30 (sometimes, after I wash and wax the car, I'll drive 28 lol).

sorry guys race is not happening...at least not for a while.

got another speeding ticket on monday(60 in a 35), bringing my grand total to 9 points!

Thank God NJ deducts 3 points every year, and my previous points were gone, otherwise i would have no license at the moment.

For all those other young LS owners out there, i just want to remind you that "driving is a privilege." Going to be keeping that in mind for the next three years. Ill hopefully have a clean slate then lol i lucked out this time, and i've certainly learned my lesson. I hope others can learn from this.

anyways, i just thought i would update for those who were waiting for results.

I drive my LS hard and have never been stopped.

They must be thick on the streets over there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back