God Dang Ball Joints

lincolnlsman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well i was going to work at 6 am 30 minute drive going around a curve all a sudden the front of the car shoots to the right bad enough i didnt want to drive so i called and got a ride and had my uncle come get my car which lives in town he came got said ball joint was the cause lucky i work at a parts store over nighted lower control arm (by the way i can get em cheap) but did not need over nighted ball joints from ebay im shocked but all went well and back on the road. Then less than an hour after i was done windon reg went out dam ls she lucky i love her

lets hear what cheap is. did it fall off the back of a truck???

The ball joints on ebay are going for $60 add another $20 to get the old ones off and new ball joints pressed and your looking at $80. If you can get them for a lower price than that, then you "Da Man".

Uses parenthesis but no periods throughout the whole read. At least you got it back up and running with no downtime.

you made it sound like your wheel fell off

I thought you said you got the whole control arm?

Congrats on fixing it... my ball joints been bad for a long time. I ordered new ones and put them in the trunk. It hasn't fixed the problem yet but i'm hopeful :)

I can see how cheap I can get some NAPA ball joints, I got connections at a distribution center :D

I bought the ball joints off ebay $120 for both. But they were actually to big. The machine shops 20 ton press couldnt press them in. After measuring the old and the new they told me that they were to big and needed machining. $60 for machining and uninstall/reinstall.

anyone else had to machine them?

I bought the ball joints off ebay $120 for both. But they were actually to big. The machine shops 20 ton press couldnt press them in. After measuring the old and the new they told me that they were to big and needed machining. $60 for machining and uninstall/reinstall.

anyone else had to machine them?

my understanding is there is 2 sizes...14mm and 16mm or 12 and 14 or somthing..

anywho, you probably bought the wrong size.

Staff online

Members online

Back