GMAIL invitation

hottweelz

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I got my first set of GMAIL Invites.. wondering if we should give one away on the site, maybe a QUICK contest or something ... dunno, is the demand for GMAIL real high right now? I'll leave this in JOEY's hands. I'm offering one (probably more later) for a luck GMAIL Devotee, just don't know how to give one a way to our community here fairly.

This question will expose my ignorance, but what's a GMAIL?

Everyone's talking about Gmail, but it's still only a handful of lucky ducks who have snagged an account. And while the rest of us go hungry, you can be sure that the best email addresses are being gulped down by nefarious hooligans.

http://www.gmailswap.com/

If you click on the link the site tells you EVERYTHING about it... GMAIL is Google's new Email System that offers 1 Gigabyte of Storage. You can't just sign up for it, you have to "be invited" by someone. Kinda like the World Wide Web Flu Vaccine.

I want one! Put me in for the drawing, please.

Kbob said:
I want one! Put me in for the drawing, please.
But how do we do it? If I just give one away, the rumors will fly on the internet that LvC is giving away GMail accounts and we'll get killed :p (Besides I only got a few invites left) I'll earn more invites as I use the account. So we need a strategy to give one away, then maybe we'll give more away later... trust me on this, some of them have sold on Ebay for like $100 !

Hey, thanks for your support and your very generous offer. Joey does need to get involved. Maybe someone should hit the 'alert' button and wake him up. Actually, I think he is working. I'd hit the alert button myself but I just can't get myself to do it.

Just found it myself. That little red triangle with the exclamation point inside! Not that it'll do you any good. :bowrofl:

If this is the case I have an invite or two I can donate to a good cause. I am quite a big fan of gmail!

Special GMail Invites to LvC.com Members!!!

Sounds good.... just need some sort of drawing, contest, lottery, JOEY!!!!!

I'm not sure I understand what all the hype is about. An email address? Don't we all have that already. Can you say FAD? Is there something I'm missing?

Yes it's a fad, like Flu Vaccines, in NY. Can't have one, so everyone all of a sudden wants one. We just try to give people what they want.

LOL funny. Yes it was posted from a Windows machine, Only because Red Hat can't get it together with the Fedora project. Having a long history with open source products I will NOT pay for Linux. Red Hat or any other.

I do run a RH 9 SAMBA server for my File server at home but I have to tell you I was very serious about making my workstation Fedora but during the first upgarde from Core 1 to Core 2, it went to :q:q:q:q.

I don't have time to use a workstation that needs to be worked on all the time. It's kind of like owning a Harley.

Oh and any time you think my Windows network is insecure, go for it. :biggrin:

hottweelz said:
Oh no! Security issues?! .. and I bet you posted that on a Microsoft Windows PC right? :bash:

codewize said:
LOL funny. Yes it was posted from a Windows machine, Only because Red Hat can't get it together with the Fedora project. Having a long history with open source products I will NOT pay for Linux. Red Hat or any other.

I do run a RH 9 SAMBA server for my File server at home but I have to tell you I was very serious about making my workstation Fedora but during the first upgarde from Core 1 to Core 2, it went to :q:q:q:q.

I don't have time to use a workstation that needs to be worked on all the time. It's kind of like owning a Harley.

Oh and any time you think my Windows network is insecure, go for it. :biggrin:
Sounds like an invite :invasion:

Members online

No members online now.
Back