Cam Duration Int: 232 deg @ .050” Tappet
Cam Duration Exh: 272 deg @ .050” Tappet
90mm Throttle Body
Dual Mass Air Flow sensors, Ram Air induction system

cruise2.jpg

X04SV_PN002.jpg

X04SV_PN005.jpg

X04SV_PN006.jpg

I think that is what they are going for. Its seems the camaro never really caught up to the mustang, so they may have changed the platform.

From the looks of it that will spank a mustang. Hopefully they dont want too much for it.

I agree. If the price is reasonable they'll sell like hot cakes. Now let's see what the Vette has to offer. Baahhhhhhh

:wave

I kind of like the new GTO's styling but that looks nice.

The 2005 Pontiac GTO has the 400 hp LS2 from the 05 C6 Corvette, bigger brakes, and some other stuff. The hood vents can be deleted on the 05 GTO.

That's NICE! But the price is already well over $30K so don't expect THAT beauty for much under $40K I'll bet. GM has the capability to build hot cars but unfortunately, when they do they're so expensive that nobody buys them.

The car reminds me of a Pontiac Sunbird with big tires.
icon9.gif

Why didn't they do a retro on The Judge like Ford did with the Mustang. You know, keep the main sexy features and update it. They wasted a whole lot of opportunity if you ask me.

How is this thing different from a Sunbird, a Grand Am, a Grand Prix or a Bonneville? They all look the same. What a waste.

Now if somebody came out with a Judge body kit that you could place over the top of that 'Pontiac Excitement' styling, it might actually get me excited.
icon7.gif

I think it's mean on the G/A to say the 2004 GTO looks like it, because I actually like the G/A. :frown: I don't want to offend anyone but to my eyes the GTO looks like a blob. I don't think a bodykit, or add ons can change the fact that the underlying shape is fat and boring. Putting on exhaust splitters from the late 70s isn't going to change that.
There needs to be a genuinely new GTO that looks good and is priced competitively. It does seem like a wasted opportunity given there hasn't been a new GTO since 1974, and all they could do was import a car with a mild restyle. More effort needed I think.

1972 455 HO GTO

I'm by NO means a fan of the new GTO, especially since it was rushed into production to appease the masses clamoring for a new F-Body. But I will admit that ever since I laid eyes on this particular car a few months ago, I've been in love with it. If they every decide to produce one that even looks like it with the "base" LS2, I'd be all over it like white on rice.

I wouldn't turn it down. It's actually one of the few new cars (this and the Chrysler 300) I actually like the looks of.(and I think the GTO is only getting better!)

Randeaux said:
I wouldn't turn it down. It's actually one of the few new cars (this and the Chrysler 300) I actually like the looks of.(and I think the GTO is only getting better!)

Ahhhh!!! not the 3000 Checker Cab Ahhhhhh!!!!!

GTO looks much better!!! I agree somewhat with the Monster bring back some style of the old Classic!!! Would make the $$$$ worth it or make something totally different from the other Pontiacs. I don't like the new Bronze color. Over done not seem like that color is a dime a dozen like that over done Turquoise that every Pontiac has!

Mind you I wouldn't turn down this car if offered!! But please give me a different color!

IMO the new GTO looks good in dark colors. The added hood scoops have injected some much needed personality. There are many ideas from the old models that could make the new car interesting, like a hood mounted tach. :biggrin:

455 HO G/P

ol' furbird

i loved the older gto n when i first saw the new ones i hated them until i saw one on the road that screamed by me like i was sitting still just that image alone of how it just took off made me appreciate it more n now i have grown to like it but it does need more style

It goes well, no doubt about it. Even the 2004 LS1 car had that picture on Motor Trend magzine "0-60 in 5.3 seconds". Now the advert for the GTO LS2 6.0 says 0-60 in 4.6. I don't think power or speed is the issue, it just needs better styling.

id rather them do somthing that doesnt rely on nostalgia for once. come on, GTO when it came out had nothing on the gto of old, now with the fancy Ram Air scoops, the Trans Am exhaust tips, and the Old school paint job...i mean its just a little obvious. :sleep:

Members online

No members online now.
Back