Glitch ballast install

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just received the ballast in the mail and just finished reading the instructions and have a couple of questions. Searching the forum only turned up one thread that stated to look 5 posts down but there weren't 5 posts in that thread. Couldn't find instructions in any posts or tech article listed.

So I read the detailed instructions and have a couple of questions.

- The wire colors are fine - there is no mention of the GTO (Ballast output) wires on the ballast - they are both white. Original wires are white and blue. Does it not matter which one connects to the blue and white original GTO wires to the bulb?

- When I cut the mesh ground, where do I find the "center lock" ground to splice? Instructions say to connect keyhole wire to ground stud wire. I'm not sure where this is?

- In figure 8 it looks like there is 3 levels of heat shrink? I received one piece in the package. Am I missing something?

Lastly has anyone extend the wires to relocate the ballast on the quarter panel or package try inside the trunk, to avoid the sudden stopping of the trunk lid closing each time? I don't slam the trunk lid, however think it will take enough road bumps and doesn't need extra, each time I open/close the trunk.

Color doesn't matter on the GTO wires. Ground is a green hex head screw on the trunk by the plug. Just stick it to the old ballast so the trunk doesn't fly open due to the weight change. The new ballast is solid state so the slamming is no big deal. Put some electrical tape over the heat shrink, it will be fine.

Thanks dbleb88
I wasn't sure I could use any ground when they listed one specific within the instructions. Still hesitant on cutting the mesh, but it seems the majority have done it with great results.

So I got some sleep on the weekend and read the instructions and understood it right away.

When they speak of the "center lock area" for the ground, they are referring to the trunk key lock in the center of the trunk.
Earlier in the week when I was tired, I was thinking there was a center lock area that I had to tie into. lol

Members online

Back