Give me a BREAK!!!!

87lsc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I was getting ready to swap trannys in the mark the other night when we saw one of the freeze out plugs a little wet. No big deal right WRONG went to remove some of the build up around it then BANG coolant all over the floor. So now I have to take parts from one motor to the other what fun. What else can :q :q :q :qen go wrong:Bang

You could own a Chevy ... that would be worst.

302 freeze plugs are our friends :) I too had one "tapped" in the middle of winter, only to discover that the crud on the outside was the only thing still holding it in. My mechanic made small work of removing them but I never asked about the replacements.

What will you put in their place and from where?

I just pulled the motor and trans and put in the other motor and trans from the car that I junked.. Now I have the other motor and trans(with the freeze out plug that gave out) sitting in the back of the garage.. Thinking of taking the trans and getting it rebuilt..

Put a block heater in it and you will have no more problems and it might even be usefull if you ever go up North.

The trans that came out needed to build pressure before it would move. Then other times it would not go unless you were up to 3000 rmps. So I put my back up trans in and no problems (added a bottle of Lucas). Got it all back together on thursday and gave it a road test MAN I MISSED DRIVING THE MARK. I've been driving my truck so I'm going to wait till spring and put it back on the road and guess try and sell it ( as per the wife too many cars).

Members online

Back