Ghetto and Rice

sloban

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm an old guy, but I'm trying to stay in tune. :p Let's see if I've got it straight ...

Covering the car with stickers from every mod you've ever made--or wish you could make--is rice. Tall spoiler wings are rice, unless you happen to drive an Indy car. Neon is rice. Dragons on anything are rice.

TVs in the headrests are ghetto. Spinners are ghetto. Wheels that are too tall for the car style and size is ghetto.

What else?

Wheels that look like chrome plates... are ghetto
Gucci or Louis Vuitton Print anywhere in or on the car is ghetto
Buicks are ghetto if they are do not have stock rims...
Impalas are ghetto

There is plenty more stuff

theyre ghetto if youve got like 12. and one in the horn and visors. Also colored tint is GHETTO. if your rims cost more than the car, GHETTO

Those lameass woodgrain kits that seem to cover the entire surface... and look more like cheap plastic than wood. Definitely GHETTO. :) I don't see how anyone could consider that "luxurious".

TV's in the headrests aren't necessarily ghetto, there are Land Rovers that come that way... it's only ghetto if like, say someone has TV's in EVERY headrest (including the third row seat on SUV's), AND the dash, visors, etc.

Then again it's all relative... anything has the potential to look good so long as it's done right... I suppose I'd use West Coast Customs as an example, since I'm sure everyone here has seen "Pimp My Ride."

You should probably add "beaner" and "redneck" categories... example: a crucifix hanging from the rear-view mirror... with "In Loving Memory of...", or their Mexican hometown/last name on the rear window, or say... an old, beat up, lifted Bronco with the confederate flag on the back... :)

Okay, I'll stop before I get carried away. :D

how about getting "love machine" etched into the rear windows.....or shaggy carpet everwhere with the big balls hanging along the edges. Or my personal favorite: Drapes....drapes in any moving vehicle are cool....

lexmarkz00 said:
Those lameass woodgrain kits that seem to cover the entire surface... and look more like cheap plastic than wood. Definitely GHETTO. :) I don't see how anyone could consider that "luxurious".

I would definetly agree with you on that one.

Curb Feelers! Crown Air Fresheners! Any flags (except U.S.A.) ,chrome pinstripes,stereo systems that cost more than the car they're installed in,air horns, wooden steering wheels (like the detachable ones) stick-on hoodscoops,side scoops,etc.,"high tech"car alarms that the owners had for at least six months,yet they still go off whenever they try to get back in the vehicle;shall I stop? Okay, I'll stop now.

Now that ghetto accesories are out of the way,let's talk about RICE! Let's see, where should I start... blue bulbs,APC decal (stands for A Piece of Crap),fart can mufflers,bright red 'racing' seat belt pads,slip on racing pedals,red R decal on anything other than a Honda,etc.

just my two cents...............

Don't forget the Coffee Can muffler for Rice...

Having an exhaust system that allows you to here the torque coming from your engine. Is not rice.

Having a muffler that screams when you're 4 banger is attempting to reach city speeds using all of it's available ponies is rice.

howabout those woodgrain steering wheel covers! Then you have that other one that looks like a french tickler. What gets me is that there are people that LOVE this crap!

everybody loves a french tickler...not sure what world you live in :) :)

So are carriage tops by definition geriatric? What about the "gold emblem" treatment? Ghetto or Geriatric (or both)?

Ghetto:
DUB emblems, cars with gold trim.
RICE:
No power, to much bodywork, a stripped interior
Beaner:
Wire Rims, hydrolics, fuzzy die, 4-door convertibles, huge wings on the back of pick-ups, old english vinyls, small rims and fat tires, 1 seat and 14 people, pretty much anythign that doesn't fall under the other categories is a beaner.
Redneck:
Stacks, nut sack hanging from the hitch, dually's, rusted fenders, 40 inch mud tires, tractors, GIT IR DONE window decals, Piss on Ford symbols, Rebel flags, gun racks.

I could go on as well!!

beaups said:
everybody loves a french tickler...not sure what world you live in :) :)

An actual french tickler is cool; having that same material draped around the steering wheel screams "I frequent the automotive accesories section at WAL-MART".

OK, how about the chrome hitch covers that look like little propellers that I see on SUVs? What do we call it when someone has 3 dozen little stuffed animals on their dashboard? How about the little dog with the head that goes up-and-down, up-and-down?

And I've got another category. Don't know if we should call it "Hippy" or "Dead Head". Like a beat-up Volvo with 100 bumpers stickers saying stuff like "Nuke the Gay Whales". A volkswagen with a love beads hanging from the rear-view mirror and a smiley face sticker on the bumper. Hell, ANYTHING with a smiley-face sticker (unless it has a bleeding hole in the forehead ... that's Redneck). :D

If the exhaust on your car makes someone say "did we just get passed by a weed whacker?", that's way rice.

Oh, I almost forgot about that HUGE kid sticker craze from a few years back. Although I don't know what category that falls under. Soccer mom, perhaps?

well, lets see here:

RICE:

smq335.jpg

GH3TT0:

leet.jpg

but this really takes the cake, if you all have not seen this:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/pimpstar-led-rims-the-video-164150.php

bubb rubb and his whistle tips; they go whoooo-whooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to him anyway.

rice: having a fire extinguisher on ur door pillar

Ghetto: if you can hear the engine noise and distortion only when u turn down the bass because ur using it to cover up all the noise & the AC doesnt work so u ride wit the windows down..

Members online

No members online now.
Back