Getting Down!

BigT

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
On the way home from a local car show last night we stopped for something to eat at the Stewarts drive in. I parked over by the grass so we could sit behind the car in the grass to eat (no eating in the car). I just couldn't resist hitting the switch on the kit I got from Ray and finally installed. It looked so cool I had to take a picture or two.

Lowered drive in.jpg

Lowered drive in 2.jpg

BigT said:
On the way home from a local car show last night we stopped for something to eat at the Stewarts drive in. I parked over by the grass so we could sit behind the car in the grass to eat (no eating in the car). I just couldn't resist hitting the switch on the kit I got from Ray and finally installed. It looked so cool I had to take a picture or two.

Yet another satisfied switch kit customer.

Glad you got it installed, it looks SO HOT lowered!!!!

And for those of you that have purchased the lowering kits from me recently I will have them built and out before the end of the week. As most of you know I was in the hospital until last Saturday and now that things are looking up, I will get them built and out to ya!
:Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Yet another satisfied switch kit customer.

Glad you got it installed, it looks SO HOT lowered!!!!

And for those of you that have purchased the lowering kits from me recently I will have them built and out before the end of the week. As most of you know I was in the hospital until last Saturday and now that things are looking up, I will get them built and out to ya!

What exactly does your kit do to lower the car?

97 Ivory Pearl VIII said:
What exactly does your kit do to lower the car?

Basically, when you hit the 'switch' it sends 12v to all the bag vent solenoids and the compressor vent and allows all the air to be vented from the airbags. Allowing the car to sit on the ground for that 'parkin lot' stance.

I hope that answers your question.....

1wykdmk8 said:
Basically, when you hit the 'switch' it sends 12v to all the bag vent solenoids and the compressor vent and allows all the air to be vented from the airbags. Allowing the car to sit on the ground for that 'parkin lot' stance.

How much are these kits, that looks awesome! Ray, if I ordered one, how long will it take to get it from you? Thanks.

Derrick Bagley said:
How much are these kits, that looks awesome! Ray, if I ordered one, how long will it take to get it from you? Thanks.

They are $35. They usually only take about a weeks time to get the parts because I have to order them after the kit is paid for....I do not have the money to have the parts laying around. But, if you ask some of the most recent ppl to order the kit from me it has taken me over a month to get them out to them. I ordered parts and it took over 3 weeks for the stuff to get here, then they sent me the wrong freakin parts so I had to send them back and get the correct parts. Then, I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks, and I just got out not this past Saturday, but the Saturday before last. It should only take about a week or 2 to get the kit out to you. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:

Couple more ???

How tough is the kit to install, can you pick the height as you lower the car or does it vent and go all the way to down, and can it be driven in the lowered position?

Sorry if I'm asking questions already answered on another thread.

i miss those days..
.i saw another cream colour mark in irving,tx in the blockbuster shopping center @ macarther and 183.....i was so mad cause i dont know if it had a lowering switch or not but i know i was the first mk8 in irving w/ a lowering switch :N

When you hit the switch it lets all the air out of the bags and drops all the way down to the stops. You really can't drive it that way.

1wykdmk8 said:
They are $35. They usually only take about a weeks time to get the parts because I have to order them after the kit is paid for....I do not have the money to have the parts laying around. But, if you ask some of the most recent ppl to order the kit from me it has taken me over a month to get them out to them. I ordered parts and it took over 3 weeks for the stuff to get here, then they sent me the wrong freakin parts so I had to send them back and get the correct parts. Then, I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks, and I just got out not this past Saturday, but the Saturday before last. It should only take about a week or 2 to get the kit out to you. :Beer

Do you take postal money orders? And what is your address?

Members online

Back