Getting a P1413 code

96hotrodlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is on my 96, which sits in the garage. I already replaced the air pump because it was bad. I haven't verified that it's still working, I might want to go check the fuse. Anyone think that it's because it just sits and that the O2's are the problem?

doesn't appear to be a fuse, guess I'll check to make sure that the pump is running tomorrow, wish it wasn't up under the bumper cover.

Here's the pages from the PDM for code 1413! Start at HM18 and go to HM24.

96 PDM DTC 1413.jpg

96 PDM DTC 1413 page3.jpg

96 PDM DTC 1413 page 2.jpg

So I have finally gotten around to looking into this issue. I started by replacing the SSR with a spare that I had, this did not fix the issue.

I then grabbed my MM and was proceeding to check the voltages as your document said to do. Upon attempting to remove the SSR connector I realized that the pump kicked on and then went back off. Turns out that I have a loose connection somewhere in the harness or the connector. Not too bad to troubleshoot but a PITA considering that I will likely need to remove the bumper cover to really gain access to see exactly where the issue lies.

Luckily, I have not put the wheel liners back in the car yet, so it is just a matter of removing the headlamps and turn signals, the chrome brow, unbolting the grill, unbolting the bumper cover. I've done this too many times if you couldn't tell.

Thank you for the info Andrew, I do appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back