Getting a new car next month

zolemite

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a new car this month. Thinking of a Volvo S60R. My Conti cost me too much money.. Here is a list of things I've done to my car in the past 2 years.

Bought car with 103,xxx for $5k OTD
Flushed all fluids and cleaned injectors
Replaced rack and pinion
Replaced all brake pads and rotors
New battery
Wheel alignment
22" wheels and tires
Chrome pillars
Rain guards
Wood grain interior kit

Rebuilt transmission
Wheel alignment
New serpentine belt and tension pulley
New water pump
New fuel pump
New battery
New front ball joints
New tie rod end links
New front tires for the 22" (rubbing)

Sold the 22's
New brakes today again at 149,xxx
Pic
IMG_4521.jpg

Thinking of selling her for around $3500. Think it's worth it. The body is in really good shape and interior is almost perfect except for the pas seat color came off the leather in one little spot. No more 22's
IMG_0139.jpg

Just about all the stuff that can go wrong with these cars did with mine. She runs great just wanting something newer. I was thinking of storing her somewhere for about 20 years, but that would be too expensive.

After all the :q:q:q:q you went thru on that car I wouldn't give you $500 for it. That car is cursed.

Your Conti looks nice and clean...I had two volvos (850) & (S60), the 850 was solid 250k and still got $2000 for it the S60 was not the best choice, if you ready to give up all the conti room, power and that sweet v8 ride I would skip the S60. Dont take me wrong i am a big fan of Volvo's but will not trade my Conti for nothing

Your Conti looks nice and clean...I had two volvos (850) & (S60), the 850 was solid 250k and still got $2000 for it the S60 was not the best choice, if you ready to give up all the conti room, power and that sweet v8 ride I would skip the S60. Dont take me wrong i am a big fan of Volvo's but will not trade my Conti for nothing

The s60r is the turbocharged awd one with a 6 speed transmission. I'm defiantly ready to get rid of the Conti. Let someone else enjoy fixing it for a while. I like the car just want something newer and don't want to spend over 14k. The power of this car is not that great and I don't really ever have anyone in the back seat

Compromise

I know you said you are capped at 14k, but have you considered the Infiniti M35X or the M45X.

The 45 is a v8 but only made after 08 so still expensive. The M35X starts in 06 and can be had for around 20 to 25.

Or you could go sportier and get a G35X. The G's are Friggin sweet but too small and tight inside for my taste, but they can be had for around what you wanted to pay, maybe a bit more.

I'll hopefully be getting the M35X or the M45X within the next year or so. Check 'Em out they are SWEET!!!

Either way a new ride is always fun, and the volvo is pretty cool, just not my style, so I thought I'd pop in with what a fellow Conti owner was considering.

I know you said you are capped at 14k, but have you considered the Infiniti M35X or the M45X.

The 45 is a v8 but only made after 08 so still expensive. The M35X starts in 06 and can be had for around 20 to 25.

Or you could go sportier and get a G35X. The G's are Friggin sweet but too small and tight inside for my taste, but they can be had for around what you wanted to pay, maybe a bit more.

I'll hopefully be getting the M35X or the M45X within the next year or so. Check 'Em out they are SWEET!!!

Either way a new ride is always fun, and the volvo is pretty cool, just not my style, so I thought I'd pop in with what a fellow Conti owner was considering.

I agree, if you can find an Infiniti M, you would probably enjoy it. Though I disagree with Silver in that you should not be looking at the AWD models - it will be both cheaper and lighter to get a 2wd one instead.

But in your price range, a G35 sedan may be the way to go. Again, I vote 2wd, but that's just me.

S60R Is AWD

So I just thought that was a criteria, but I love the RWD sport M35 with the brushed aluminum interior, and it has the #1 spot for reliability in it's class. So yes the RWD versions of the M and G are Sweet as HeLL-o. Just thought that was a want/need...

Peace

Well I decided to keep my car and bought a bike instead of having a payment in these tough times. The Lincoln is actually running great. Surprisingly
IMG_0424.jpg

gaaaaaaaaaaaah you are so lucky. I've been trying to get a bike for so long now, but I'm not sure if i'll be able to keep my Conti if I get one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back