Gen II to Gen I bumper swap?

mikeyg03ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an 04 LS with a cracked up bumper and fender. The car is pearl white and I finally found another white bumper and fender pearl white already for 220 plus a headlight, all Gen I. I also got a headlight.

Hopefully I will be doing the switch over te weekend. From what I understand from this forum is that I only need the new headlights and a header panel. Is the header panel the plastic below or above the headlights? Also if anyone has any tips to the swap/ replacement that would be helpful. If there is no easy way to do this because i mossed something i will be selling the bumper so just a heads up.
Thanks guys!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Wiring for the headlights (connections) will be different, but can be wired to work (get the light harness for the 1st gen!) The Panel is behind the "bumper". Search for 1st gen to 2nd gen swap...and do it in reverse!

GL

Damn, looks like more work than I thought but I really appreciate the help and info G-RELL. Looks like i'll be making a trip to the junkyard on saturday to get some harnesses possibly. Ill have to study up a little more when i'm not half asleep lol. Might be worth it to keep looking for a 2 nd gen bumper. Btw gotta say, judging from your pictures the work you've done to your car w/o experience is incredible. Love the black roof

2nd gen headlights look so much better than 1st gens do, get the right parts so that it matches up...

there is nothing worse that seeing a 2nd gen with 1st gens parts because every single LS owner is gonna look at the car and know exactly what happened, the car was in an accident and cheaply repaired...

just my $.02

2nd gen headlights look so much better than 1st gens do, get the right parts so that it matches up...

there is nothing worse that seeing a 2nd gen with 1st gens parts because every single LS owner is gonna look at the car and know exactly what happened, the car was in an accident and cheaply repaired...

just my $.02

EXACTLY!!!! It will be obvious the car was wrecked.

when my cousin was buying his LS, he kept taking me to look at potential cars to give it a once over since I know a decent amount about them. I swear the first 3 or 4 we stopped at, we didn't even get out of the car to look because they were all obviously poorly repaired wreckers.

when my cousin was buying his LS, he kept taking me to look at potential cars to give it a once over since I know a decent amount about them. I swear the first 3 or 4 we stopped at, we didn't even get out of the car to look because they were all obviously poorly repaired wreckers.

Woah woah woah, my car ain't a wrecker, it just loves snow banks a lil too much haha. I was informed by G-RELL that for a genII to genI bumper swap you don't need to do the lights, ik that's not the case the other way around. Could anyone else confirm that too? Also I definitely see where everyone's coming from, but I went back to school last fall, and I'm sort of strapped for cash.

Replacing the bumper and fender now and taking pictures for a possible quick write up afterwards if anyone thinks it would be helpful. I know its pretty straight foward stuff.

Members online

Back