Gen I Sport vs non-sport

Yar1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like you know the differences in the Gen I Sport vs Non-sport models, (I know how to tell them apart and that the sport has the +/- Selectshift) But what about suspension stiffness and other features, does the sport have any other big differences? Obviously the sport suspension is stiffer but what is a ratio or stiffness difference?

I searched for sometime, but came up short.. if this thread is open already I apologize.

Thanks guys!

yes it is....

And yes, stiffer shocks and a larger sway bar link... But as old as these 1st gens are getting... being able to compare the two would be tough... Yes i'd imagine brand new sport suspension would ride a bit different than brand new non-sport. They're are many more things that contribute to ride comfort too...

Why exactly do you ask?

yes it is....

And yes, stiffer shocks and a larger sway bar link... But as old as these 1st gens are getting... being able to compare the two would be tough... Yes i'd imagine brand new sport suspension would ride a bit different than brand new non-sport. They're are many more things that contribute to ride comfort too...

Why exactly do you ask?

Gotcha, suspension wears over time... I know, but what I am trying to ask is; Are there any features OTHER than the (when new) stiffer suspension/larger linkages?
And ride comfort isn't my conern.

As I am shopping for a car currently I just want to know if it makes sense to only limit my search to the Sport models. As only a few minor differences lie within!

Appreciate the quick reply!!

You won't notice a huge difference between the sport and non-sport models. Should say a large enough difference to pass on a non-sport you like. I have a non-sport and just installed eibachs and sport shocks,while I can notice a difference its not much and wouldn't deter me from only looking for sport models.

OK, doesn't sound like ill care too much. I will broaden my search!

Thank you guys, much appreciated!

you'll also get sport bumpers (with i like much better),
Usually larger (17" over 16") wheels...not always but sometimes
Leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter (over wood)

OK, doesn't sound like ill care too much. I will broaden my search!

Thank you guys, much appreciated!

Don't give up just yet.

The difference between a Sport model and a non sport is huge. I have both and it's night and day difference.

Members online

No members online now.
Back