Gen 1 Mark VIII Drivers side door latch mechanism

soduka

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I need the mechanism that sits inside the door that locks into place for the drivers side. It's secured with security bits, T-47 or T-51 I think, I have it written down. Now I haven't exactly figured out how to remove the one that's in there but somehow it needs to come out. Looks like the key latch/pad might need to come out to get to it I guess.

I stopped being lazy and looked at my manual, what I'm looking for is just referred to by Ford as the 'LH Door Latch'. Pretty self explanatory and obvious name. Still looks like a pain to remove and replace.

Well I found a junkyard selling some for 25 + shipping. I'd rather pay it to you, if you feel that's worth your time. Haven't placed an order yet. Gen 1 and Gen 2 latch assemblies should be the same, I hope?

If you do take it out, let me know how you do it and how it goes to give me an idea. :)

You'll need a T-27 Torx bit, if you didn't already know that. I was wrong about the others. :)

Is this all you need
What is pictured of the latch is what I will currently send unless you need more
Like do you want the screws?

IMG_20130609_244108_057.jpg

IMG_20130609_244049_426.jpg

I can be of very little assistance in removal cause I am a cheater I couldn't figure out how to unhook the door lock actuator so I just drilled out the rivit holding it in.
That is the only hard part
Also I hope you have a hook and pick set, makes things easier.

The actuator can't be removed without drilling out the rivet, unless you're like me and you yanked the **** out of it until the actuator pretty much shattered in your hand.

So besides that part it's fairly easy to snake out of there past the window and whatnot? I can just reuse my screws and I guess I can reuse my door latch's push button rod.

Wish I would gave read this before I shipped
I would have throwen in the actuator for $5 extra.

I would suggest cleaning or putting in a new door ajar sensor too.

If you end up needing the actuator and have a way to attach it back to the door you can have it for the price off shipping.

Members online

No members online now.
Back