Gen 1 LS Climate control on full heat most of the time

LincolnSedan

LVC Member
Reaction score
2000 lincoln ls with replaced dccv last summer. That unit was at the end of its life when removed. The car is in the upper mid west vis miami so this issue may be more noticeable in spring here. Last summer there where cronic problems with the climate control randomly blasting hot air into the ac ducts in the middle of the summer; quite unbarrable. No vent function either, it is all hot air, guess run through the heater core. The replacement of the dccv seems to stop these problems quickly, bringing the system back to normal operation. With slight weather warm up here, I have climate system chaos. Ran dccm The climate control module in the dash to control it. Try a variety of settings, recurc, floor defrost, ac on off, whatever. the system currently seems to want to supply 180 degree air blowing out of the ac vents regardless of settings. It will supply the hot air to any vent now, almost all the time with some breaks with slight breaks in the oven temp air. All the doors and climate control self test seem in order. Listening to the doors, for example they open and close when actuated. The also direct air properly. I get that there are several modules in this system, using a bus or some protocol. Trouble shooting this is beyond my capabilities here. The operation of the system seems completely haywire. Is it common for a new dccv, with low miles having a major failure? Might there be an interior temp sensor or another sending unit that is sending garbage data to the climate control module? I have plenty of heat so that is not the problem. Also have ice cold ac fully charged and working system. The heater cores are overhelming the system somehow. Any suggestions what to look at or eliminate short of bypassing the heater core itself?

... Is it common for a new dccv, with low miles having a major failure? ...
Yeah, I tried an aftermarket DCCV once too. A few months later, it was hitting me with max heat and max cold pretty often, then mostly heat. Sadly, you have to get the OEM one, if it is still available.

Members online

No members online now.
Back