Gen 1 injectors

cubanocelso

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to replace the injectors by other larger.Thanks:confused::confused:
Wear all summer burning ethanol and have a problem about 5000rpm the injectors do not give enough flow, if anyone can help or provide me any idea ...... ????

Mustang gt injectors fit, ev6 injectors, whatever Gen the 05 is.

I'm using these

http://m.americanmuscle.com/mustang-ev6-47-injectors.html

You'll need a small spacer for the fuel rail for it to sit properly, these are a little taller that stock injectors. Something like 1/4 to 1/2" spacer under the mounting base to lift it up

will those work alex? 1st Gens have that weird air assisted injectors...

also 05 ponies were the first year of the fifth gen mustang

Oh yeah my bad, blunder on my part. Those will work for just gen2 then.

I don't know my mustang gens/ year changes too well. Thanks

I don't know my mustang gens/ year changes too well. Thanks

very easy...

1st gen - 1964.5 - 1973 this is the classic mustang that everybody wants (especially 67 & 68 and in fastback )
2nd gen - 1974 - 1978 this is the "Mustang II" one of ford's biggest mistakes, basically worthless, nobody wants one of these
3rd gen - 1979 - 1993 this is the fox body. and well who doesn't want to go rollin' in a 5.0, With the ragtop down so your hair can blow?
4th gen - 1994 - 2004 this is the curvier SN-95 body that brought us the Ford modular motor, and then borrowed and massaged the mark motor, then gave us the bullet proof blown terminator.
5th gen - 2005 - 2014 this is the S-197 or the retro mustang with its stupid three valve was was quickly replaced with the beautiful 5.0 coyote
6th gen - 2015 - ???? the new bad boy on the block, welcome back IRS (lets hope this is better than the last IRS attempt) and the return of a turbo 4 banger

basically like the corvette you usually get a new chassis about every decade. sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less...

fun fact* the higher gas prices in the 80s caused ford to redesign and make the mustang smaller and more fuel efficient, they basically wanted to replace the mustang with a little FWD mazda, people started to write in to ford bitching so they canceled those plans and just called it the ford probe. something tells me that if they would have done this, we probably wouldn't have any mustangs today... just more vanilla econoboxes that lack excitement.

Yeah my list would've been totally different haha. Thanks for the clarification

Any way to remove air assistance???...:Bang

One way is to sell your gen I and buy a gen II.

that and Quik switched over to standard injectors when he built his supercharger, but then again, he fab up and one off intake manifold... so yeah, there is that...

heres a stupid question, have you tried to tune the car and actually command more fuel in the power band you need it? and are you sure its the injectors and not the fuel pump trying to keep up with all the extra fuel it needes

also, am I reading this right, you have been putting E85 fuel in your car all summer?

Not a good idea to be using E85 in a car that hasn't been prepped for it, and the LS isn't. The problem is galvanic corrosion inside the fueling system, along with erosion of fuel system seals. You may be lucky and the parts used in the LS MAY hold up but I doubt it. This is also a problem that develops over time, so you may get away with it for a while but when you start having problems it will be problems with the entire fueling system from the fuel tank to the injectors. Ethanol and aluminum specifically don't get along well so it might even cause problems with the heads on your engine. Not 100 percent on this one though, not sure if E85 engines use aluminum heads or if the heads require any anodization treatments to be able to run on E85 without damage.

Curious though, what is your fuel economy difference between regular fuel and E85?

You may have reason, but I've done my research and some strange rason no differences in the numbers of parts for flex-fuel and gas.
At the moment there are no problems in my car just lack of fuel over 5000 rpm and cold start always at the second
Consumption is not bad doing the same route with gas 290 miles per tank with ethanol 250.
Not a good idea to be using E85 in a car that hasn't been prepped for it, and the LS isn't. The problem is galvanic corrosion inside the fueling system, along with erosion of fuel system seals. You may be lucky and the parts used in the LS MAY hold up but I doubt it. This is also a problem that develops over time, so you may get away with it for a while but when you start having problems it will be problems with the entire fueling system from the fuel tank to the injectors. Ethanol and aluminum specifically don't get along well so it might even cause problems with the heads on your engine. Not 100 percent on this one though, not sure if E85 engines use aluminum heads or if the heads require any anodization treatments to be able to run on E85 without damage.

Curious though, what is your fuel economy difference between regular fuel and E85?

I just don't get the point in using the wrong fuel for the car when there is really no benefit, the cheaper fuel cost is off set by using more fuel. It makes sense in high boost cars to squeeze a little more timing into it, but why the LS?

I just don't get the point in using the wrong fuel for the car when there is really no benefit, the cheaper fuel cost is off set by using more fuel. It makes sense in high boost cars to squeeze a little more timing into it, but why the LS?

Exactly!!!!!!

My point is to increase the compression ratio of 10.5 to 12...but before rebuilding the engine.:confused:

Members online

Back