Gen 1 - 3.9 Coolant Pipe Help

Carl Smith

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get or have one of these new ? I have tried Ebay, Amazon, Rock Auto, and another source and they say they have 1 or 2 or even 5 available then promptly cancel my order. Apparently all are drop shipping sales fronts.

XW4Z-8A520-AF3.jpg

XW4Z-8A520-AF. Ford has discontinued it.
Maybe Jaguar still carries the equivalent part. AJ85884-OE
One possible source: Jaguar WATER OUTLET PIPE INCLUDES SEALS - AJ85884-OE

Note that it has an extra port for a temperature sensor. It looks like it may come with the sensor. If so, then no problem. If not, then you will have to find the right size fitting to plug the port with.

XW4Z-8A520-AF. Ford has discontinued it.
Maybe Jaguar still carries the equivalent part. AJ85884-OE
One possible source: Jaguar WATER OUTLET PIPE INCLUDES SEALS - AJ85884-OE

Note that it has an extra port for a temperature sensor. It looks like it may come with the sensor. If so, then no problem. If not, then you will have to find the right size fitting to plug the port with.

Thanks man. Double the price I was hoping for, but thinking that extra temp port will be perfect for an adjustable cooling fan temp switch -_-

Previous new revision is better than a current rotted one hahaha. It should fit just fine & if it lasts 140,000 miles as the one taken off then no worries.

Lol, that is definitely the weak link in our Gen 1 cooling chain. That little temp port on the Ford version is meant to fail. Since this has the insert, I decided to order one as spare since I probably got one of the last fords about a year ago.

Members online

Back