gears for s/c app

lsc8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey,

need some advice on gear ration for my 97 mark...I'm running a kenne bell 2.2 at 10-12psi(400rwhp) street tune and 13-15psi (450rwhp)track tune...the blower makes boost starting at around 2300rpm, Im wondering if anybody has a similar setup and what gears they are running. Darrin at BC auto is setting my car up and we keep kicking around different ratio's so I thought i'd see if anybody could lend a hand. Thanks

What's your trap speed in the 1/4 mile? General guidelines...

100's - 4.30s
110's - 4.10s
120's - 3.73s

Your dyno sheet would be helpful as well.

I haven't got the car back yet...Darrin still has to tune it etc. Darrin and I thought that my stock 3.27's would be about right cause of the extra torque from the s/c, but when we started talking with Lonnie about it he thinks I should go 3.73's or at least 3.55's. We've been debating it back and forth, once the car is tuned and running a test drive should tell alot but i was hoping someone might be running something simmilar in hp numbers to save a gear swap if possible.

I am running 3:73 gears with my KB setup. I can not give you any track data as I just haven't taken it there yet, but part of the decision that the gears went to that ratio was from Lidio who advised me away from 4:10's. Your setup will have all kinds of tire shredding power and the 3:73's should put you in the zone at the lights in 3rd gear safely. If you ever saw my dyno video you will learn we held it in 3rd up to 140 MPH. When you setup your shift sequencing you might find it advantageous to short shift 1st. I am also running with a Maruader TC. Look forward to seeing your results.

YouTube - Silver Streak becomes a Whiner

I haven't got the car back yet...Darrin still has to tune it etc. Darrin and I thought that my stock 3.27's would be about right cause of the extra torque from the s/c, but when we started talking with Lonnie about it he thinks I should go 3.73's or at least 3.55's. We've been debating it back and forth, once the car is tuned and running a test drive should tell alot but i was hoping someone might be running something simmilar in hp numbers to save a gear swap if possible.

No way will it fulfill it's potential with 3.27s. You still have a heavy car to move, even with the added torque. Moving to 3.55s would be hardly noticeable, so I wouldn't even bother.

Why not leave the 3.27s, run it as is, get it on a dyno and make a better informed decision at that time?

Just my opinion.

No way will it fulfill it's potential with 3.27s. You still have a heavy car to move, even with the added torque. Moving to 3.55s would be hardly noticeable, so I wouldn't even bother.

Why not leave the 3.27s, run it as is, get it on a dyno and make a better informed decision at that time?

Just my opinion.

that is what were doing at the moment...just hoping for some feedback. I try not to bother roadboss more than i have to, but he's the only one i now of with a similar set up. Car is supposed to be done this week. I'll let you know after the dyno.

Members online

Back