Gear Shift Panel Lights.

htiek123

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask, if the Gear Panel lights up (P,R,N,D5, D4......... At night I can't see what gear I'm moving to.... Well last night I got my answer, for about 5 minutes, my panel was lit up.... Now it dark again....

At first when I had the heat pointed to the feet it worked.... Now all other settings work however when pointed at the feet the air comes out the mid level vent.....

Any help would be appreciated.....:confused:

The indicator bulbs are loose in the sockets, or a connector to them is loose.

Do the DATC self test. Most likely the floor actuator has failed or is stuck.

Despite the Gear Select Panel not illuminating, you should be able to see on the dash cluster what gear you are in, no?

Yes I can.... However, how would I get to these lights... I've searched for a video on how to take the panel off (2005 SP V8) It seems like a great deal of work... So I think I may have to live with it... I would love for it to work...

... It seems like a great deal of work...

Really?

1. Remove center console trim. This can be done without any tools (open the ash tray and pull at the trim at either side), or you can use a plastic pry tool.
2. Remove the gear shift knob (probably not really required). Slide the trim at the bottom of the knob down and remove the two screws that are now exposed.
3. Move and lift the shifter bezel. The bulb/connector is on the under side of it.

Really?

1. Remove center console trim. This can be done without any tools (open the ash tray and pull at the trim at either side), or you can use a plastic pry tool.
2. Remove the gear shift knob (probably not really required). Slide the trim at the bottom of the knob down and remove the two screws that are now exposed.
3. Move and lift the shifter bezel. The bulb/connector is on the under side of it.

Having the shifter in the "N" position really helps......

Members online

No members online now.
Back