G'Day

Casper

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just dropped in for a quick look around.

Must say that I do like Lincolns, being a huge Ford fan of course.

Unfortunatly we dont have them over hear in Australia, we kind of do things a bit different over here! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'll drop back in from time to time to say hello!

For those that are curious, I drive an 1998 Ford AU XR6 VCT. Rear wheel drive, 230hp in stock form!
casper3.JPG

casper4.JPG

interesting car --- ive never seen one of those - we dont have them here -- any idea why you dont have lincolns there?

It's only for the Australian market. I'll post some stats on it shortly but basically its a sports version of a Falcon (yes, we still have Falcons).

We dont have Lincolns here in Aust for a couple of reasons. The main one being that most of our Fords (in large cars) are made here for our specific requirements. Secondly, the cost to get it to Aust would be too much (we drive on the left so think of all the changes that would be needed!) To give you an idea, we had the Mustang Cobra over here for a while, with a new price of $80,000 AUS! Think of what a Lincoln would cost!

Joeychgo said:
What does $80k AU translate into in us dollars?

Doesnt really work like that but at a guess, about $61K $1AUS = $0.77US
Doesnt work like that cause, after visiting the US, I found you guys can buy far more for $1 than we can. So really, when it comes to the exchange rate, you guys probably get closer to twice what we can get for the same money!

Anyhow, heres some basic engine specs on my car!

XR6 VCT Engine:
• 4.0 litre inline six cylinder.
• 172kW (230hp) @ 5000rpm (VCT)
• 370Nm @ 3500rpm (VCT)
• Overhead Cam with roller rockers, variable cam timing unit & roller cam followers
• VCT engine features a unique head and rocker cover to enable fitment of the externally fed (oil supply) VCT unit.
• Alloy head with direct heat detection sender on the back of no.6 combustion chamber.
• Rred powder coated rocker covers with silver machined high lights.
• Stronger AU head studs with greater pull down tensions.
• New two-piece head gasket for AU to further aid in reducing blown head gaskets.
• Sequential fuel injection.
• Dual resonance intake manifold for a better torque spread than previously possible.
• Serpentine accessory drive belt for increased quietness and reliability.
• Fail safe cooling (engine can literally run without coolant in it - theoretically it is impossible to cook this engine due to loss of coolant).
• ‘Smart start’ - prevents you from engaging the starter motor if the engine is already running.
• Structural sump for quieter operation and increased block stiffness.
• New stiffer and better balanced crankshaft for quieter operation and less NVH - with machined counterweights for piston clearance and better balance.
• Longer conrods for better fuel economy & better burn control.
• New short skirt anti-friction coated pistons for better fuel economy.
• Free flowing 'sports' exhaust system fitted to XR6 'VCT' with large oval chrome tip

Joeychgo said:
respectable stats - for a 6 cyl -- whats it cost?

They were about $45K new I think. I got this one last year for about $25K

It's not a bad engine but can be make better. Bit of work on the exhaust and the EEC will see about 190hp at the rear, maybe a bit more.
As is now it's good for a 15.9s quarter (it's an auto).

No real interior pics I'm afraid but one of the dash!
mainpic.JPG

and one under the hood!
casper6.JPG

As for luxury, we have very similar luxary features as you guys. Some differences but the top of the range Ford Luxury car is the LTD, followed closely by the Fairlane Ghia....both look very similar!

heres one of me having some fun at the drags!

Note: this is on a race track, not a public road!

burnoutff.jpg

Wow that car looks like a simpler version of something out of Grand Turismo It looks a lot like the Tickford car for those of you who played Grand Turismo 3. Well we seem to be expanding our site to all over the world now. Your ride is really nice. :D

Spidar6996 said:
Wow that car looks like a simpler version of something out of Grand Turismo It looks a lot like the Tickford car for those of you who played Grand Turismo 3. Well we seem to be expanding our site to all over the world now. Your ride is really nice. :D

Thanks.

Actually, your spot on, it is a Tickford! Tickford (now called FPV or Ford Performance Vehicles) is the performance group that do all Fords hot cars in Australia.

Casper said:
Just dropped in for a quick look around.

Must say that I do like Lincolns, being a huge Ford fan of course.

Unfortunatly we dont have them over hear in Australia, we kind of do things a bit different over here! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'll drop back in from time to time to say hello!

For those that are curious, I drive an 1998 Ford AU XR6 VCT. Rear wheel drive, 230hp in stock form!
casper3.JPG

casper4.JPG

Very interesting.......Welcome....pull up a seat, enjoy and have fun, oh....and invite some of ya friends along!

:Beer​

Members online

No members online now.
Back