gas mileage dropped

ImportEater

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was getting 16+mpg average, maybe 14.8 beating on it .. lately it's been around 11.5 to 12.4.. i only use premium and my only mod is a k&n. the car runs perfectly. is it tune up time or is the computer just learning about my lead foot?

Damn are you driving city only? I get around 21 average. If i drive city around 14-15. But 11.5 is pretty damn bad. I would suggest you might want to change spark plugs/wires/fuel filter and air filter. See if it improves.

Yeah...city driving and a 200lb right foot will do that. My LS saw 10.5 one week cause I drove like a maniac throughout St. Louis.

You K+N has crapped up the wire air sensor inside the MAS. Happened to me all the time with a NEW K+N not a reoiled one. You can clean it with windex and a q-tip but be very gentle. You will notice after about 30 miles or so that it will start going back down again. My solution ditch the crap K+N.

maxmk8 said:
Damn are you driving city only? I get around 21 average. If i drive city around 14-15. But 11.5 is pretty damn bad. I would suggest you might want to change spark plugs/wires/fuel filter and air filter. See if it improves.
Yeah I drive a lot on the hwy to work and back and I usually average about 22.7 on mine, and after my exhaust, I should be exact close to 24mpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back