Garage improvement - or, new toy added...

I'm a little puzzled by your reference to '...nothing in Wisconsin to challenge...' There's a guy named Jay Brown from up that way who, among other things, wins one of the most serious classes during Drag Week yearly, and brings a different car every year. Although he won with his Ford GT some years ago, he won last year while driving a NA SOHC FE-powered '64 Galaxie. Runs mid 9s and you drive several hundred miles each day in addition to the racing.

KS

Well, I did mean Boscobel - but, since you mention it KS - driving in a boring straight line - yep some souped up Galaxy could beat the Porsche, not even a contest... however, lets throw an "S" curve, a couple of hairpins and a vertical crest curve in there and see who comes out on top... smile...

Laser - I was actually looking at 348s - you can get 'em pretty cheap right now - but, still, that maintenance is just scary, as you know.

I shall carry on Frog...

Thanks brent - hopefully I can bring it - however, it will be hard to leave the all day cruiser (the Caddy) at home for the little German - it really isn't the best 'hit the interstate and eat up the miles' sort of car.

And pete - well, only you ;)

Well, I did mean Boscobel - but, since you mention it KS - driving in a boring straight line - yep some souped up Galaxy could beat the Porsche, not even a contest... however, lets throw an "S" curve, a couple of hairpins and a vertical crest curve in there and see who comes out on top... smile...

Laser - I was actually looking at 348s - you can get 'em pretty cheap right now - but, still, that maintenance is just scary, as you know.

I shall carry on Frog...

Thanks brent - hopefully I can bring it - however, it will be hard to leave the all day cruiser (the Caddy) at home for the little German - it really isn't the best 'hit the interstate and eat up the miles' sort of car.

And pete - well, only you ;)

you know it.

btw I had no idea you had a daughter.....hell then again I don't get to talk to you much. Maybe sometime you can tell me about your fam :-D

Well, I did mean Boscobel -

You haven't seen what is in Boscobel ... that wouldn't come close ... LOL ... Plenty of exotics and classic muscle hidden in this town ... it's just getting them to take them out and get dust on them. They have a bad case of Debi.

but Her's Foxpaws new Avatar

profilethai_cars_the_movie_017.jpg

i agree with rich, a few years ago he took us on quite a few twisties theres some fun roads tucked away back there

I envy you.
I live in South/Central Florida.

There are NO twisty roads here.
No hills. No Mountains.

You can drive along the coast and admire the Gulf of Mexico, but even those roads are arrow straight!

- driving in a boring straight line -

LOL have you ever been in a straight line car that can pull a 1.6 60 foot?
Or been in a fender race at the stripe?

Straight line cars can be fun.

Curves are for girls or cycles......;)

With all due respect, I thought I remembered that a significant number of porches of that vintage quickly came back to the dealer with the rear end scronched from the vicious instant oversteer on lifting when going into a corner.;)

The Galaxie in question has a complete aftermarket suspension. It's been a while since '64, but can you say NASCAR?:D

No one could properly denigrate the seriousness of the porch pedigree. I was only taking light exception to your seeming inclusion of the all the cars in Wisconsin in your comment.:cool:

KS

'87s KS? they had the oversteer pretty much figured out by then...

I feel your pain Cal - Florida = flat...

Nut - fast in a straight line is OK - the Caddy can hold right in there, but, I guess living in Colorado, you just think of the big passes and mountain roads - Independence, Trail Ridge, Pikes Peak, and you just 'need' something that is going to really like miles and miles of switchbacks.

this is where I test drove the Porsche - it is just a few miles from my house...

10-thecurves-retouched.jpg

MapLariatTr-CloseUp.gif

KK- move - this is a great place to live... Then you can detail my growing 'herd' - smile.

Rich - wow a 351 in a mid engine Porsche - well, I guess that solved his power issues. I wonder why he didn't buy a Pantera. 914s would handle better, but with that engine in it you might lose some of the balance in the 914. Did he route the radiator up front or add scoops on the side?

ya mike gets to play around the garden of the gods but i have the 94 here. i crossed the divide at Monarch Pass with 10" of snow with 4 wheel drive going down to montrose had it side ways with a snowplow headed up stood on the gas got it strighten out the plow driver gave me a thumbs up as he went by so i have had some fun in CO. will try and get out later this year before the snow flys. Like the find know it will get good care. a good paint job on the floor will really help if you have to work under the toys. a friend of mine had his garage floor parqueted for his 5 vetts . i have a couple pics from Boscabel that i will send. take care and enjoy. jds

I've never seen the car ... This was my best friend from College ... and a long time project that he started many moons ago. All I had a chance to see what the pile of parts that his wife didn't like seeing around the house.

If I can I'll see if he has some pics of the car. He did say that the car has some scoot to it.

KK- move - this is a great place to live... Then you can detail my growing 'herd' - smile.

Rich - wow a 351 in a mid engine Porsche - well, I guess that solved his power issues. I wonder why he didn't buy a Pantera. 914s would handle better, but with that engine in it you might lose some of the balance in the 914. Did he route the radiator up front or add scoops on the side?

So Rich - sort of went for that Sally shot this weekend - Hwy 77 - between South Park (yes that South Park) and Lake George.

bigrocktarga.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back