Garage Door Opener

pjm

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 06 LS and for the past few months I have had problems with the homelink garage door opener on the sunvisor. It just doesn't have any range anymore. I have to be 5 ft from the door in order for it to work. I used to be able to open the door from 150 ft away. The remote that came with the opener works fine. Anyone have this problem before?

Thanks,

Pat

I've had that problem before and all I did was delete the entry off and re-add it to the Homelink system. So far I have not had any range problems thereafter.

The range changes randomly for me. I noticed when it is colder, the range goes down. In the summer I can open the door all the way down the driveway.

hmm, i would just try and reprogram it and go from there...the one in my car works from around the corner and down the street a little bit :D.....i only have one button programmed...do you have all the buttons programmed? just a thought.

I have a 95 Mark and I cant get the remote to work my garage doors at all. Any help would be appreciated.

RTFM...

ha it's in the manual if u have that otherwise ask them over at the mark board

I have a 95 Mark and I cant get the remote to work my garage doors at all. Any help would be appreciated.
There are a few Mark guys who hang out over here, but you'll probably get a better response if you ask in the Mark-specific sections.

Sorry to bring up old posts but I thought I'd chime in with my Electrical Engineer in training opinion.

Garage door openers work on RF technology. RF is extremely sensitive to the environment. Temperature does affect radio but not to a noticeable degree. What's more likely is interference caused by things near you. In the winter it is possible that you get a lot of interference from different heat sources that are not usually on during the warmer months. Electrical devices can get interference from anything (in fact its FCC code that most devices HAVE to take all interference). More than likely its not something you can really affect yourself. My suggestion would be to reprogram the entire thing. If you continue to have problems, get a new one from the dealer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back