Future Swap, Thoughts & Ideas?

You're dealing with very small numbers so your 'sample' isn't large enough to enable any definitive result. In my own case, at least, I'm dealing with hands on experience.

I feel as if I'm wrestling a pig. And you know what they say about... :):):):):)

KS

Last edited:
For the record Your Honor, Camm just unnecessarily referred to the Loud1 as a "Pig" ... the People object and request to eliminate the evidence from debate.

When I put the 'smiley faces' on that I should also have put quotes on to make clear that I was referring to something often said instead of making a direct comparison. Please be sure that a personal reference was not intended. ;)

KS

gyi0060328011.0.jpg

Referring to #25 from 1 Loud---

Fifty percent of THE ONES YOU KNOW ABOUT. Perhaps. Now explain how the piston/connecting rod/what-have-you knows the difference between the extra load created by a half-an-atmosphere of extra boost and goes south, so you say, and the load caused by spray that, apparently, does no harm.

During the months between when I ramped-up to my final excursion to Maxton and the first time I tried the spray, I ran up-and-down the lonelier areas of local expressways, made two trips to North Carolina for a weekend of trials, took the original 'street ' spray system out and installed a competition set-up from NX, installed a methanol delivery system, went out on the expressways again a few times, and made two more trips to the ECTA races; set four records in two different classes, and have now driven the car on the street for another fifty thousand miles---and still have a car that runs just fine. I've had to do some suspension replacement, and I believe it would benefit from a new set of plugs. And it needs an alternator, but it starts and runs every time I turn the key so long as the battery is charged---and doesn't use oil.

I disagree with your reference to 'glass'. Seems fairly tough to me.

KS

Last edited:
so out of 150k+ miles, how many miles have been under spray?

is it less than 1/10 of 1 percent? is it closer to 1/50th? thats a little (ok a lot) different than seeing boost every singe time the car is driven...

also, if it can only handle an extra half an atmosphere of pressure before you run into the danger zone, then is definitely is not what I would call a strong motor by any means... sh!t, the motor in my focus regularly sees 1.5 times extra atmosphere pressure every time I drive it, and not just a few times its ran on a hwy or at an event, every single day of its life. while small, it is not made of glass

you can stop taking it personally every time somebody doesn't care for the all mighty AJ, no need to get all butt hurt that somebody doesn't agree that it is the best motor every designed and handed down to mortal men from the hands of God himself... telling us again about all the records you strill hold also doesn't change any of that

examples of motors that are not glass:

A Ford Terminator (C head 4.6 With H beam rods and forged pistons from the factory) is what I would call a stout motor and is not "glass"

A GM LSA or LS9 or LT4 (current LT4 not that old sh!t) is a robust motor and not glass

A bone stock 2J is again an incredibly stout motor and doesnt even need as much as the valve cover pulled off to have some serious boost thrown at it, THAT is not made of glass

since you keep bringing up your records, what defines your class? is a corvette in your class? how about an S550 mustang? or is it a 4 door thing, so would a CTS-V/ATS-V be in your class? even the older non blown ones? anything from AMG? just trying to gauge what cars you are crushing that dont have glass bottom ends...

Last edited:
Fifty percent of THE ONES YOU KNOW ABOUT. Perhaps.

well with being one of the largest places for LS people to hang out, and with having members all over the country, it shouldn't be too far off for a larger average...

who is to say that for every ten boosted LS's that are not on here, five (or even more) didn't blow up?

bottom line is, its just that, a sample. and like with any kind sample testing, could be better or it could be worse but it also may very well be an accurate average on a large scale.

Trying to justify your casual kiss-off just takes you further and further afield.

I run in two classes. One is 'E' Fuel Competition Coupe/Sedan. The rules require that your engine have no more than 4.2 liters or 257 CID. You are allowed to run any fuel or combination of fuels and you MUST have one or more from a list of suggested body modifications.

I run a combination of C16 race gas, Methanol, nitromethane and nitrous oxide. My chosen body modification is a 'belly-pan'. The belly-pan is required to cover more than sixty percent of the underside of the car. Mine is made of aluminum and extends from the front bumper to the kick-up for the rear axle.

Any speed beyond 125 requires safety modifications as well. I have a roll-cage, a fire-suppression system, and the required (beyond factory) belts. Safety apparel required is a complete fire-suit with arm restraints and a helmet. An approved window net is also mandatory.

The second class I run is 'E' Fuel Super Street. Methanol and nitromethane are not allowed in Super Street and factory fuel injection is required.'

No Corvette I've ever known of has an engine that's as small as 239 cubic inches. And I've not yet tried to get all that's possible from my present combination. I do, and always have, used the car as a daily driver.

Considering your massive technological knowledge base, and your attitude, I'm sure you could have done far better with much less. ;)

KS

Last edited:
Considering your massive technological knowledge base, and your attitude, I'm sure you could have done far better with much less. ;)KS

surely not, I just was honestly curious what the limiting factor was and what kind cars would be in your classes. you truly have done wonders with such a small displacement power plant.

... have a roll-cage, a fire-suppression system, and ...

Ah! ... We've 'heard' a lot about your Speed Record setting LS,
I for one would like to see some pics of this set up one of these days. No offence.
I respect you Camm but time to cough up some pics ... all this verbiage over the years ... lets see!

... you truly have done wonders with such a small displacement power plant.

280px-CheckmateProper.jpg

Pretty sure that's game.
In Unreal Tournament we'd call that a Headshot!

There is a selection of pictures in the 'Land Speed LS' thread in the LS performance section. They show what the car looked like in the pits at the ECTA races.

See entry #11.

KS

Last edited:
Got it, just had a look. Looks alright for sure. Don't venture much into other section other then this LS portion. Proof is in the pudding ... that's a roll cage in an LS alright, no doubt.

+1

I was going to say, there is definitely a pic of a switch/guage panel mounted to the roll cage in his thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back