Fully loaded and suspension clunking

Sixlitre

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Had 6 huge people in the Lincoln last night for the first time.
I'd had 5 regular sized people before, but never 6 and never people this large !

They got out after I'd DD'd them home last night and I swear the bumper was nearly two feet off the ground until the air suspension re-adjusted itssef.

Displayed some kind of loose, mild banging sound from the front R/H side when fully loaded on bumpy gravel roads.

Almost like a shock that was loose. Soon as it was just me again, smooth as silk ride again.

Guess the alignment guys will find it next week.

Proud of the people carrier last night, I have to say.

Sixlitre

I own a 91 Town car nad i have never run into this problem, it might be a shock or something else. post what the the alignment guys find out, i am interested in the results.

Maybe a sway-bar link is busted and you didn't notice till you got that body sway?

Please-do keep us posted on the findings!

Good thoughts

Thanks guys. I'm now going in late this week, his alignment machine broke a part last week so we had to put it off. We'll check those items and get back to you.

I'm using a non-stock muffler so the single, non-stock hanger is not stopping the left/right sway of the muffler either. I've concocted a weld-on bar I've bent up which I'll weld onto a 2" clamp and should let me utilize both rubber hangers back there.

Once the alignment is done the front and rear tires will get swapped/rotated and then I'll find some knobby snows to slap onto the rear rims (formerly front and worn on the inside).

Thanks again

Sixlitre

Members online

Back