Full Size Spare Tire Gen1

xxdjdinot1989xx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
How good is the full size tire on the gen1's..?
idk why but i was thinking what would the car
look like if someone puts all 4 spare tires(if they buy 3 more) on the
car..its a black rim maybe if someone wanted to
do a black on black thing lol​

ive made jokes before about someone riding on three donuts or four, i bet it would be hilarious

He said full size spare. Some of the '00 and '01 had full size spares. They are powder coated black in 16 and 17 inch wheels.

Yeah, they look kinda neat too. I wouldn't ever go as far as putting them on but when I opened my truck I was like damn.. thats kinda of a pretty hot wheel..

They look like cop crown vic tires/wheels IMO.

Check it:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=47881

web8.JPG

Mine is a nice powder coated silver 17" like the chrome 17's but silver.

Maybe the previous owner bought it to match the size of the 17's?

Or did the sports come with 17" spares?

3445b.jpg

Like this but a way better finish.

Those came stock on the 4 corners on my 2000 V8 Sport.

In my trunk is a 16" black powder coat spare. Still BRAND NEW. I bet I should put a new tire on it if it's been sitting for 9 years, huh?

Hmmm I got the chrome sports on all 4 when I purchased it used.

These are horrible, the "I have my car inside the bay" work pictures. lol

l_b7d08483352943efb7d0bec983fe2a89.png

l_72642e99e8d74b0ea17e7e19980d355d.png

This is also pre-eyelids..

Meh I kinda regret doing it. :|

Cheap mod yes, but instantly I had to tint my windows and lower my car. It was a segue into more money. Haha, now I really want wheels after shes lowered.

Then that's about it for mods.. A real intake perhaps.. I am thinking about making a full one that's made out of carbon and possibly doing cams/fuel pump. But that's about it.

Meh I kinda regret doing it. :|

Cheap mod yes, but instantly I had to tint my windows and lower my car. It was a segue into more money. Haha, now I really want wheels after shes lowered.

Then that's about it for mods.. A real intake perhaps.. I am thinking about making a full one that's made out of carbon and possibly doing cams/fuel pump. But that's about it.

yeah that's what i was wondering if i paint mine will it look good with just the stock height of the car or will i have to lower it to make it look better i already have tints on it which came when i got the car

I'd personally just try to find a set of these.......

3445D.jpg

........... or see how the 16" five stars look painted with a nice looking and beefy tire.

Moo... a 16"? Going the opposite direction and a flat gray with aluminum? Not my flavor.

Mine are a slightly textured/metal flaked graphite. I would be happier with them if they were say umm.... 3" bigger? and maybe not factory. Haha

Not that Im directing this towards you but Im not understanding why people crave large wheels no matter what they look like. I see some gody ass ugly BIG wheels around town and its like people don't care as long as they are big.

The color for that wheel is graphite and the pic is a bit light. The paint is factory for 1st gen LSE models and in actuality/in person looks exactly like yours but with that polished rim.

The sixteens can look pretty nice with the right size tires and a lowered LS. I have seen it here before on a black LS. I was surprised!

I always thought 19"s would be perfect on our cars, but it's a lincoln why not go all the way and claim the true "dub" status. I am not a big fan of bigger than life wheels but they do compliment our cars quite nicely. :) And you know the style of larger wheels are very common place in our society, now with factory cars having large wheels. I am a wheel snob and haven't found much that really focuses my choices on styling and performance. Cause well, thats the pinnacle of the design engineers on our wonderful LS.

My ex asked me why I juiced the Lincoln, she goes, "Thats a luxury car?" I was like "hey!? What's the S stand for?" And now I should be roughly the same WHP and better weight distribution than her precious gto and for a third of the price. Lincoln LS; luxury, style, and for a street car.. performance.

But I couldn't jump on the 16" bandwagon for our cars, it's just way to small IMO. It's doesn't allow a smooth flow to our factory widebody styling.

I was incorrect on your picture, it is pretty light. It looked almost military flat gray to me. I am sure in person they are very nice.

What size are the wheels in your sig pic?

Im gunna point out that you used the term DUB:yuck: perfect example of personal preference;) along with my statement that people don't even care how ugly the wheels are they just want big wheels:D

The LS has some pretty tall fender arches, they are almost flush with the damn hood but how ever if you look that arch is to gradual and not a almost perfect U shape like most other cars that can look ok with larger diameter wheels. Therefore IMO the only way to solve that is to fill it in with some rubber. I just hate that riding on nothing but metal look.

I got 19's and wouldn't go bigger and sometimes think I should have gone with 18's. But, like I was trying to get at some wheels can look OK in a larger size but today people just don't care how ugly the look as long as they are 20"+. This spring I'm slapping on some beefier tires and hoping that solves my personal issues with the look.

I really would like a set of those 16's and would pick up a set if they were at least 8.5".

Even a wide set of these would be nice, and I usually hate chrome!

3515.jpg

Fonsito painted his stockers satin black and they looked pretty cool but I just couldn't live with the skinny.

When I say "dub" status, I just really meant 20" wheels, not the "all size no style" aspect of it. 19" are perfect for this car IMO.

"19's are perfect for this car"

Yes they are :D

Expecially when lowered. Springs going on in like April. Whenever the snow's gone.

fondmetals3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back