full exhaust system questions

fuzzmancometh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was trying to search through all the threads but doing it on my phone is next to impossible. I have a 98 Mark LSCwith 80000 miles on it very clean. I was looking to do a full exhaust system headers back. are there kits that companies sell or any performance Lincoln vendors out there that have direct bolt on kits. Looking for a good aggressive sound but don't want to sound like boat with flowmasters. Also emissions is not a factor for me but would like to retain good drivability. Are there o2 foolers out there because catalytic converters are not necessary for me. thanks in advance for your input

Supercoupeperformance.com has great headers and true dual exhaust it sunds amazing

Get ready for sticker shock for those headers. Also, the headers are only mid-length units, which are a compromise at best (better than shorties but not as good as long-tubes).
As to the rest of the exhaust; go to mandrelbentexhaust and get one of their kits with the addition of ball/socket ends. MagnaFlow seems to be the muffler of choice for these cars, as they are quiet at idle but growl when stomped into.
Keep your upstream O2 sensors and grab a set of Mustang MIL harnesses. That will cure your 'No secondary O2' and 'CEL' issues. If you are going this far, grab up an Xcal3 from SCT and have a base tune loaded up, that way you can shut off EGR and AIR as well.
There is a guy here, 'Right on The Mark'..................search his Mustang Cobra header mod and see if that is something you may be able to do/have done.

your only choices are cobra exhaust manifolds 03-04 terminators, or the kooks from supercoupe.if your doing it yourselfthe manifolds can be done in the car and require steering joint mod, headers will need to move the motor to install. manifolds will run anywhere from 50-200 clams depending where you find them and steering joint,shaft and coupler about 150 for all. the difference in power varies depending on your plans. if you are going to do alot of mods headers will allow you to grow into and provide all scavenging you need. going from base 280 hp factoy exhaust 2 into 1 into dual mufflers,youll see 25-30 hp gainwityh headers and true duals with x pipe. it will be LOUD. the cobra manifolds will give you 15-22 with same setup and not be as loud. where the headers come in if you plan on another intake, throttle body, mass air, cams the gains will be more signifigant.

Members online

Back