fuel pump

96mark8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i am planing on changing my fual pump i have heard the the svt focus fual pump is good. but wich is better the svt focus one or the lms fual pump. and also what is the cost of the svt one and is it a direct fit or are mods needed

i am planing on changing my fual pump i have heard the the svt focus fual pump is good. but wich is better the svt focus one or the lms fual pump. and also what is the cost of the svt one and is it a direct fit or are mods needed

Click here for a good fuel pump.

I got mine from JD... Great price fast shipping... Just call and he'll get you the right one...

Don't be stupid and go to Autozone...

Click here for a good fuel pump.

I got mine from JD... Great price fast shipping... Just call and he'll get you the right one...

that seems like a steal for $88.00.... im guessing cobra highpressure??

Yes, go with the 96 Cobra 255lph high pressure unit. The only bad thing is once you do, you should eventually change out the fuel pressure regulator as well. The factory diaphragm can not hold up to the pressure that is put out by the high pressure unit. It will be fine for a while (have had the factory one in my car for over a year now), but will eventually fail. So, do yourself a favor so you wont be stuck on the side of the road and buy them both at the same time. That place also sells the Kirban fuel pressure regulators as well (as they sell other manufacturers as well also).

the 96 Cobra 255lph high pressure unit and regulator are they direct stock fit or will i have to mods other stuff for it to fit in right?

what qwould u place on a 94 mark VIII for as a fuell pump and a fuel regulator?

i found one on SCP would u purchase one from then and what about fuel regualtor whereto get one of them as well?

I have bought stuff from SCP. Bill seems like a good guy and I would hesitate going back to him.

I'm pretty sure you meant "wouldn't hesitate" seeing as you thought he was a good guy ;)

I've talked with him in the past about stuff and he's been very helpful.

....just get the one for a '96 Mustang Cobra. Either the 190 or the 255. I bought mine from Summitt Racing. I think it was the "summitt" brand, but it was built by Walboro.

As for the regulator- I installed a 255 on my Mark VIII about 4 years and about 60,000 miles ago and I've yet to experience any regulator failure on my 216k mile car.

I have a question about these pumps(in general), if you dont increase the size of the line that the fuel is flowing thru, is all the psi and volume necessary? I can see doing it if your pump is failing or has failed but is it really an "upgrade" if the stock pump is performing fine?

just got a 255lph pump and regulator ordered from jd's, thanks rich!

very nice to deal with, REALLY knew his stuff.

Members online

Back