Fuel pump sending units

1sik32valve

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I tearing into the tbird that I got from my friend, well I came across I might be in the need of a fuel pump soon, I did a fuel pressure test on my mark and at idle I'm at 29 psi when I crack the throttle it jumps up to 35 for a split second and comes back down. I pulled the vacuum supply at the regulator and it jumped to 39, my question is will the tbird sending unit the entire unit work in the gen 2 marks? Since he has a new less than 5k miles and its a walbro 255. Thanks

Gen 1 does not use variable voltage to pump, Gen 2 does. Gen 1 walbro 255 , Gen 2 Focus pump. Those two pumps are different in the pump design ,one is vane and one is gerotor. From what I read. Just do a search here its posted many times.

so what if you have a 96. does it get the gen 1 pump or the gen 2 pump ? no one seams to have been able to clearly and confidently answer that question

So the main harness supplies different style voltage instead of a constant voltage? I honestly don't understand why a pump would be affected by how the voltage is ran weather it's 6 volts or 36 volts it'll just run faster with more voltage. But if you guys say so. I know there is multiple threads on the focus pumps but not a reason why the sending units or why swapping a tbird tank in or gen 1 tank in.

Cause its not changing the volts
Its a plus width modulation so it actually just basically turns on and off real fast

Members online

No members online now.
Back