fuel pump over heating? 99 towncar

SYKOLINCOLN

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I finaly got stranded on the side of the interstate a week ago... car just shut down while rolling 80mph. Checked fuses as I had power and it turned over just fine, power to fuel pump... and no fuel pressure. So I figured it was smoked, called a freind she picked me up and got my truck to tow me to the casa... we returned hooked up (roughly 35 mins now) and started rolling I turned my car on just to see things bumped the start and it started right up..... unhooked and hauled tail to the house (20 miles) no hickups. I figured the pump got hot 1/4 gas should be partialy submerged and cooled off to work again? in any case has anyone else experienced this problem? My car is virtualy problem free untill this and now its giving me this... just woundering.

Somewhat recently I was having problems with car not starting and the security system wasn't getting the proper voltage because a loose battery terminal (broken). It was also causing my fasten seat belt light to stay illuminated.

I had a random problem with dying and no start in my 95. I thought it was a pump too but after replacing it the problem continued.
So I did some real diagnostics found a failing ecu relay.
I also had the same problem in my old t-bird and it was the pump.

ok alittle bit more background on this...my car fuel pump runs on a dedicated circuit so no relay is preventing it from workin. I did manage to move it to my dealership this past weekend, it cut off on my at my house twice before making the 30 mile journey. To get it back going I hit the gas tank a few times while no power was to the pump with a rubber mallet. Gave it power and it woke up, made it to the dealership without any problems though.

Make sure to post your fix as I'm sure others will have this problem someday.

To me it sounds like your fuel pump in the TC, there some what easy to do.

Members online

Back