Fuel pump issues please help

jeff

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

was told i have a bad fuel pump on my 2000 ls 5 speed. Ford dealer wants close to $300.00 for a new pump. Is there a less expensive alternative?? Does another ford vehicle use this same pump which may be cheaper. Every time i tell the dealer "lincoln" the price goes up. Please let me know. I saw some on ebay, not sure if those will work. Also, what about a rebuild kit?

Please let me know as soon as possible. Trying to sell car

thanks

jeff

And buy a Carter or an OEM pump too. Stay away from Airtex fuel pumps unless you feel the need to practice replacing the fuel pump over and over. And change the fuel filter at the same time. Don't forget to replace the fuel pump sock, if the LS uses them.

If you're handy

You can change out the fuel pump yourself,,,,if that is the problem....they usually just quit.
A Walpro pump works just fine. Its not a hard job to replace, just tricky. There are instructions on the site.

After you pull the back seat out, you will see a plastic ring holding the pump housing. I used a screw driver and hammer to tap it loose then remove, the hose clips can be impossible to remove, i broke mine, but used epoxy to glue the clips back in place.

Just take your time and it will work out well

$300 for an an OEM Pump
DEAL OF THE CENTUARY

Last edited:
$300 for an an OEM Pump
DEAL OF THE CENTUARY

REDBED, you look like your done with the Lincoln LS,
time for you to sell it and get yourself a Honda or something.

REDBED, you look like your done with the Lincoln LS,
time for you to sell it and get yourself a Honda or something.

I thought he was being serious. In any event, I agree with him. $300 for the fuel pump from the dealer is an incredible deal. I'd take it in a heartbeat. They normally charge from $900 to $1200 just for the pump/sender assembly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back