Fuel pump fuse blown!

johnyboi

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have my fuel fuse pump blown ( rear fuse box, fuse #17 its a 15a)
My car just keep cranking but wont start
I already change the fuel relay, new battery.

Should i need to change the fuel pump?

Does anybody here know how to do it?

I need help!

Thanks in advance

Search because there is a thread and it has pictures and everything..

Chances are if it keeps blowing fuses, you may need a new one..

I assume you changed a potentially clogged fuel filter before replacing the pump. And yes, there are good pics on where/how to do this. Be careful in cold dry (static prone) conditions if you tackle it yourself.

easy job

this is one of the easiest jobs to change the fuel pump. order the walpro unit at fuel pumps.com or fuel pumps.net, it comes with everything you need. you can get the tool to remove the large plastic ring at autozone for free rental or just use something else to loosen it. once the ring is off the unit just pulls up and out of the tank, no smoking! disconnect battery too! you will get gas on your hands, try old dishwashing gloves, they work great. The float level is off to the side so you pull up on the unit and slightly turn it to remove the float. There is a sleeve in the bottom of the tank that the unit fits snug in.

If all it was/is a blown fuse then you have relieved the necessary fuel pressure to start your engine. If this is the case simply turn your key on for approx. 5 seconds and turn it off. Repeat this step 10 times at least to build the pressure back up. Then try to start it. I put a psi gauge on the fuel rail after mine lost psi and it took 8-9 times of doing this before it started to build psi. Normally you can hear the pump cycle when you turn on the key. There are 2 pumps on the Gen1, I'm not sure what year your car is or if the Gen2 are the same???????

The manual recommends (this is from memory) to siphon the fuel from BOTH SIDES of the tank by disconnecting the appropriate connection from the top of the tank (located under the rear seat) and hook on some fuel line into a fuel container. I think the fuel lines have color coded connections so you known which one to take off, if this is necessary.

If you hear the pump working then do the key on and off, it would be nice to have a fuel psi gauge hooked on the fuel rail to see if it is getting enough psi or if it is building at all. Remember that it took mine 8-9 times of cycling the pump to get any psi showing.

If you need any further info send me a PM and we will go from there and then update this site, Paul

My car start working again! I just changed the fuel pump,filter and then off to go!

Thanks for all the tips

Members online

Back