Fuel Gauge Not Accurately working

ChiTownBoi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
this is my first thread here, I have a 04 Lincoln Ls.
im seeming to have a problem with my fuel gauge, when @ or below 1/4 of gas soon after the fuel arrow will drop down to E and Empty fuel light would come on. im suspecting a bad floater on the pump or maybe somethings stuck in there. what do you guys think ? any help would be great

LS Fuel Capacity, gals. 18.0 (68.1 litres)

1/4 of a full tank is around 4.5 gallons, which is about 17 liters.

that's about this much ... Pints-of-milk-001.jpg ... of course it's going to show EMPTY real soon again.

Resolvement: put more than 20 bucks of fuel at a time in it.

Pints-of-milk-001.jpg

The LS has two fuel senders. It could be either one or both. Good scan tools can give you the readings from both senders and you can figure it out that way.

When I put lets say $20 of gas the gauge read that I have 3/4 of the tank full. It's like my fuel gauge starts at 1/4 and goes up from there instead of the arrow above the E.

Ima have to look into that. I've read it isn't too much hassle to get to the fuel pump in LS's. thanks for the help

LS Fuel Capacity, gals. 18.0 (68.1 litres)

1/4 of a full tank is around 4.5 gallons, which is about 17 liters.

that's about this much ... View attachment 828460187 ... of course it's going to show EMPTY real soon again.

Resolvement: put more than 20 bucks of fuel at a time in it.

When I put lets say $20 of gas the gauge read that I have 3/4 of the tank full. It's like my fuel gauge starts at 1/4 and goes up from there instead of the arrow above the E.

10-4 something out of whack for sure, I first understood the other way, 1/4 then to empty quickly.

The LS has a dual container fuel tank each half equipped with it's own level sensors.
A transfer pump in the left supplies fuel to the right side.
Right side contains a pump module to supply fuel into the injections.
It passes a fuel filter in the driver side wheel well.

NOTE: Disconnect the battery ground cable if you are going to start messing with it!
You should also think about bleeding of the pressure in the system by pulling relay #007 and running it until it stalls out.

~ actually ... I didn't recommend nothing, didn't hear anything from me,
I have no clue what I'm talking about and I wouldn't believe I word I say.

Good Luck.

Psst: no lit cigs or electronics nearby. (DANGER)
blue.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back