Fuel Filter And The Stealership

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
From my understanding you need to remove the drivers side wheel to access the fuel filter? Right? I might be wrong but anyhow my wheels have locks on and the key was not with the car i forgot to give it to them. they said that its not neccesary to remove the wheel...is that correct? what do you guys think?

I replaced mine 3 or so months ago and I not sure how they would do it w/o removing the wheel but maybe they turned the wheel to the right and went in throught the bottom but they stil had to move some of the inner fender shroud I am not sure but those were some possibilites

hummm iam very suspicious... sounds fishy dont know if they actually did it or not i need to know for sure to go complain or not

65k Hid

Im sorry to change the subject but do you like your HIDs Ive heard from many people that the higher you go kelvin wise that you see less road. can you still see A good distance from the drivers seat since you had the 65k?

yeah i use to have the 5400k and they are about the same, the 65k are slighty blue er but they are still excellent in terms of light output

I changed my fuel filter on Tuesday; I did not remove the wheel, just the plastic guards in the well...

Took about 15 minutes to change.

This is probably easier to do without removing the wheel when you have a lift. (Not easier than removing the wheel, but easier than without removing the wheel while on a jack or jackstands.)

Ya it can be done. I changd mine about 2 months ago with wheels on and on the floor.. Probably wasn't the easiest way, but i didn't have any problems with it. I hit a fox a week earlier and broke half of the plastic liner so i ordered a replacement for that and thought i would change the filter while i had it all off anyway..

I've seen it replaced in a parking lot w/ the car on the ground and the wheel cranked over. Didn't even have the cool fuel filter line release tool, just some needle nose. It can definately be done w/o removing the wheel

Members online

No members online now.
Back