fuel door and trunk wont open

green ls rider

LVC Member
Reaction score
recently i was hit by a drunk driver who by the way had no insurance. I just got my 2000 ls v8 back from the shop, but now my fuel door wont open or my trunk when i use the buttons inside. My button on my key still opens the trunk, i was wondering if this is simple like a fuse. Please help i need to fill my gas tank before i can even make it back to the shop

If you need to fill up there should be a little handle you can pull from inside the trunk that opens the fuel door.

Your key will also work to open trunk. You might want to down load your owners manual from TECH ARTICLES net to SEARCH at the top of the page, you will find where your fuses and relays are and there values.

Make sure the switches are plugged in. The wiring may have been knocked out, or disconnected when they were working on it.

^That's what I was thinking. That's why I was wondering where it got hit.

Valet switch on the 2000 LS should be in the glove box, that also will be covered in your Owners Manual.

The plugs are one the back side of the switches that aren't working.

Uh, what???? :confused: :confused:

He says his push-buttons on the dash that open the trunk and the fuel door aren't working. These are down low on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. These switches plug into some wiring. Naturally, the plugs for the wiring are on the back sides of the switches. What's not to understand?

He says his push-buttons on the dash that open the trunk and the fuel door aren't working. These are down low on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. These switches plug into some wiring. Naturally, the plugs for the wiring are on the back sides of the switches. What's not to understand?

You probably should read what you posted again and tell me if it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green ls rider
where is the valet switch and where would i look for these plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegr

To me, that looks like a clear and concise answer to the question rider asked...

Sure dude,

They are "one the back side"

OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green ls rider
where is the valet switch and where would i look for these plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegr

To me, that looks like a clear and concise answer to the question rider asked...

Sure dude,

They are "one the back side"

OK.

Obviously a typo, ease up there killer.

im pretty sure if the fuse was blown the buttons on the remote wouldnt work

BTW i understood what he was talking about with the switches

Members online

No members online now.
Back