frustrated by wiring

cuda2003

LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced my cigarette lighter housing only to find there is no juice from the terminal plug every thing else has hydro from the plug. would it be fesiable to splice into the rear defogger live wire for power. I need the cigarette lighter to charge my cell phone while on the road. Thanks for any help

cuda2003 said:
I replaced my cigarette lighter housing only to find there is no juice from the terminal plug every thing else has hydro from the plug. would it be fesiable to splice into the rear defogger live wire for power. I need the cigarette lighter to charge my cell phone while on the road. Thanks for any help

See what amp fuse the rear defrost uses. If it's 20a, I would do that. But if you ever use your defrost make sure you unplug your cell.

Check your fuse for your cigarette lighter first. It's the 20a closest to the top left corner as you look at your fuses.

If worst comes to worst....use the one at the back of the center console to power your celly.

ditto, thats the one I use. Its out of the way and I keep teh cord in teh center console, it comes out the other side and the phone sits in the cup holder or in the console.

1wykdmk8 said:
If worst comes to worst....use the one at the back of the center console to power your celly.

That is if you have a 1st Gen.

Members online

No members online now.
Back