Front Suspension Upper Arm Ball Joint Dust Cover

LSV8FAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2005 LS Ultimate: Can anyone tell me whether I can just buy and replace the front suspension upper arm ball joint (rubber) dust cover or do I need to replace the whole upper arm/ball joint assembly? I appreciate if you know of sources were I can get just the dust cover if that repair is possible.

My son had bought some dust boots for his Ranger, for the tie-rod ends, I think. He ended up not using them and they looked to be close to the right size, so I used them on my upper ball joints. I had to cut the bolt hole much larger, but they seemed to work well. I know this doesn't really help you find the right ones, but it does indicate that it is possible.
You don't want any of the boot to get in between any of the metal to metal contact between the joint and the knuckle.

Thank you for the inputs. I searched the internet and found similar boots with bolt, height and bottom diameter dimensions. I need to take measurements of the ball joint to get the closest boots that will fit, unless some of you already know what the dimensions are and can pass them on to me.

Thank you for the inputs. I searched the internet and found similar boots with bolt, height and bottom diameter dimensions. I need to take measurements of the ball joint to get the closest boots that will fit, unless some of you already know what the dimensions are and can pass them on to me.
it’s already on the jaguar forums

balljointboots.com or something like that makes the right size

Members online

No members online now.
Back