Front.lower. Control Arms.

Markus2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
1.) I understand that they are the same as the thunderbird? years?
2.) I see that you can order the rear bushings....HOWEVER, WHERE can you order the front bushings?
3.) Does anybody have any "hard to get" front suspension components for a 91 Mark VII LSC SE?
****the front, passenger side tire makes thudding noise over small inperfections in road; lower speeds its noticeably louder thud; at speeds of 60 mph there is a noticeable steady virbration and low pitched "thudding noise" at a contiuous fast pace like a drum playing at an even fast 3 thuds a second like beat.
SO IS THIS THE FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM. THE BUSHINGS DEF> NEED TO BE REPLACED UP FRONT.

THANKS GUYS.

I have looked into the bushings and the ball joints in the lower control arms and it is the same if not more cost to replace them unless you have a free way to press out and back in the lower ball joints? Plus no warranty as compared to buying the whole assembly about $79 for Moog (lifetime warranty) at Advance or less if you go with TRW. Need to look at your suspension Links they may need to be replaced while you are in there.

1.) I understand that they are the same as the thunderbird? years?
2.) I see that you can order the rear bushings....HOWEVER, WHERE can you order the front bushings?
3.) Does anybody have any "hard to get" front suspension components for a 91 Mark VII LSC SE?
****the front, passenger side tire makes thudding noise over small inperfections in road; lower speeds its noticeably louder thud; at speeds of 60 mph there is a noticeable steady virbration and low pitched "thudding noise" at a contiuous fast pace like a drum playing at an even fast 3 thuds a second like beat.
SO IS THIS THE FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM. THE BUSHINGS DEF> NEED TO BE REPLACED UP FRONT.

THANKS GUYS.

Firsrt off are you asking us or telling us that the LCA bushing are the problem? Did you get under the car an take a look? It's possible that is the cause but before you start throwing parts at it figure out what is really the problem.

If it is the problems I haven't owned a Mark VII in years but did get ball joints front and rear bushing at the auto parts store and had the local shop press them in. If turn_on68 is correct and you can get complete arms for $80 that is definitely the way I would go.

You can get the front and rear bushings as a set (Moog) from Rockauto, but i could not find the whole lower control arm as an assembly anywhere. If anyone knows where i can buy these online, please post a link as i would like to swap mine out also.

You can get the front and rear bushings as a set (Moog) from Rockauto, but i could not find the whole lower control arm as an assembly anywhere. If anyone knows where i can buy these online, please post a link as i would like to swap mine out also.

Do a parts search at Rock,or anyone else for 97 Tbird lower control arms, same part. I know Advance Auto has the best price as of now, with O'Reillys real close. I believe they are around $79. You should also check the link suspension at this time. They are around $49 to $59 each.

Do a parts search at Rock,or anyone else for 97 Tbird lower control arms, same part. I know Advance Auto has the best price as of now, with O'Reillys real close. I believe they are around $79. You should also check the link suspension at this time. They are around $49 to $59 each.

Thanks ill check that out. Also, when you say the 'link suspension' what is this exactly? do you mean the sway bar links?

I checked these out, but they look completely different from what is on my car ('92 BB) if the MK VII arms are the same as some T Birds, i would guess the mid 80's ones, as dont they share the same platform as a MK VII? Are you sure these are the same part?

I checked these out, but they look completely different from what is on my car ('92 BB) if the MK VII arms are the same as some T Birds, i would guess the mid 80's ones, as dont they share the same platform as a MK VII? Are you sure these are the same part?

Do yours not look like this:

Control arm.jpg

Mark VII, not MarkVIII.

I rebuilt mine years ago. Cut the bushings out and pressed new in. Pressed ball joints out and in. The rear bushing go bad first from waht I've seen.

At the time complete arms were available by dealer only at like $300 a pop.

IIRC the rear bushing is much larger than other Fox bodys, likely Lincoln only. I've replaced complete arms on my 86 T-Bird, they were less expensive.

Do yours not look like this:

Nothing like!! i was trying to find a pic, but had no luck. The MK VII's are like a pressed steel whishbone. I think 02LSE96LSC91SE84TC might have nailed it, prehaps you are thinking of the MK VIII's? I have never owned a MK VIII so cannot verify this.

update

Months ago-updated in another forum...
figure I should update here.
Did the control arms-got a sweet pair-rust free. Paid 75 for the used set-mint condition.

So all went fine

PA300807.sized.jpg

Only Lincoln Mark VII front lower control arms have a connection for our hieght sensors (the accordion looking thingamabob on the left). This shows a new ball joint after being pressed into my lower control arm in my driveway by a seasoned mechanic, LincolnMania, in like 45 minutes each side.

PA300806.sized.jpg

Left: this is our ball joint
Right: this is our ball joint on 89,000 miles with no lube until it's too late :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back