front lights

mont

LVC Member
Reaction score
I finished up my clear corners, angel eyes and smoked taillights/sidemarkers a few days ago and I went out and bought the amber bulbs for the turn signals. Everything looks great except the amber bulbs, I went with the clear corners to eliminate the yellow off the front end completely and I am really not feeling the amber bulbs. Disregarding all legal issues, what alternatives do I have? I still want something that can be seen by someone on the road, but not yellow :shifty: Also if I purchase the HID kit off LSK would my best bet to buy some cheap hoen bulbs for the fog lights to kind of balance out the color variation?

I figure you helped me the other day, I'll help you out :) What you want to purchase are 3157 Chromium Bulbs. They light up amber so they are DOT legal, but when they're not lit up they leave a type of blueish purplish haze. It'll get rid of the egg yoke look in the corners. They sell them at pep boys, pick up the Silverstar version. Hoen is also working on a chromium bulb. For the fog lights, go with 9005 Hoen Xenonmatch Plus High beam bulbs, they fit in the connectors for the foglights and look great.

mont said:
Disregarding all legal issues, what alternatives do I have?
Buy clear bulbs? lol
I did it on my previous car (in Texas turn sigs can light up amber or white... i think).

owlman said:
Buy clear bulbs? lol
I did it on my previous car (in Texas turn sigs can light up amber or white... i think).

I've tried clear bulbs, it causes to many conflicts with other drivers not being able to see my signals very well.

And thanks KD00LS I'll go pick some up tomorrow and maybe post some pictures :cool:

That's true when the signal bulb is right next to the headlight it can be hard to spot if they're both white.

Members online

Back