Front End Rattle

Kstills

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Sounds just like a baby rattle.

I put the Mark back on the road in late June after sitting since last October. After about a week, week and a half, I heard a whine coming off of one of the pullys on the front end. Since the car was occasionally hard to start, I figured the alternator was going bad.

So I swapped out the alternator (the old one had signs of wear, and the pulley noise stopped) but it turns out the battery had gone bad. In went a new battery and for a week everything was fine.

Now, I'm getting a rattling noise off the front end of the car. It's directly related to rpms (comes on around 2k) and only seems to be happening when the engine is warmed up.

Belt is on fine, running the AC doesn't affect the noise (nor does having it off), coolant and power steering don't seem to be affected atm.

I thought I would toss this out for analysis, since I can't get anyone to rev the engine for me until this weekend to see if I can isolate it further. It doesn't sound like a pulley, there isn't any squeaking associated with it.

I'm trying to get this car to the 24 of July, then I can park it again until the fall. Any thoughts (aside from some of the more sarcastic) would be appreciated.

Doh!

A) It's the alternator.

B) Yes, I found the throttle cable.

C) Nothing to see here....:p

i love when someone finally fixes their own stuff all by themselves... you sir get Kudos

Members online

No members online now.
Back