Front Brakes Need advice

chance70357

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just done the front brakes on my 2004 LS V8 i went with oem pads and rotors and now sometimes when you take the car out the trac light comes on then the abs light and i never had a problem with any of it before. Any advice i tried searching but i didnt see anything like this

Its not every time i got to work in it which is like 10 miles and sometime it wont do it going but it will on the way home just kinda worried cause my wife and kids are always in it its the family car

Just guessing, check if your sensors are plugged in? At least that's where I would start if I'm remembering the last time I poked around the area.

Yup, Trac and ABS light after you were messing with the brakes, I also would say check your connectors. Clean 'em up and ensure no broken, damaged leads or corrosion. degrease them, dry them out, click them back together.

My wife's car had this at one point during the winter, just needed a good clean up of the connector on the driver side. It would act up when it got wet. Would disable the ABS when fault was active. "Open wallet" light on the dash would stay on until next drive cycle.

Members online

Back