front and rear air bag PSI

wellby

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have ordered the solenoid adpters and other fittings from Arnott and new oem bags front and rear from american air suspension, as I don't have the money for a compressor and tank set up and the factory stuff is dead I was planing on installing schraider valves on the lines and airing up the suspension with my home compressor. I have not been able to find out what the normal bag pressures are. I have up to 120psi available at home I'm guessing it's around 80psi. I know someone out there knows the answer. I will be taking pics of my work and posting as it may be helpful to others.

Thanks thats about what I thought. I'm happy I'm getting back to air suspension I have had a lowered coil conversion for few years and the ride has never been very good, plus the 1.5 lowering coils seem to be lower than 1.5" and the car will scrape sometimes.

good luck with the selenoids from arnott. i redone my suspension last year on my town car. couldn't figure out why the bags wouldnt inflate so after a while i drove it to a lincoln dealership. my selenoids i just got from them where bad so i bought genuine ones from them and it has worked eversince.

Eddie sells the rebuild kits for the solenoids as well as rebuilt units. I would have thought it would be easier to control the fill and vent of the bag that way, even if you are by passing your computor,

It's way more work to try and integrate into the factory stuff than add on a aftermarket system. I'm really only after the ride quality not raising and lowering the car, car will be set at one height for now.

Members online

Back