From JBL to Infinity

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I did my entire audio. All Infinity Reference 6.5" Components, Infinity four channel and Infinity two channel amp. Topped it off with two Infinityh 12" Subs. I topped it off getting rid of the JBL badging and replacing them with Infinity badging.
100_4731.JPG

100_4732.JPG

Looks good, how did you get the JBL off and put the Infinity on?? Also if you don't mind me asking how much did that setup run you?

Looks good, how did you get the JBL off and put the Infinity on?? Also if you don't mind me asking how much did that setup run you?

The JBL emblems just pop out, and I used double sided tape to get the Infinity emblems to stick. As far as my system is concerned, I installed it myself.

Infinity Reference 6010 $125.00 (For two Pair)
Infinity Reference 7541 Amp $89.00
Infinity Reference 610A Amp $69.00
Infinity Reference 1242 Sub $60.00 (For Two)

That is pretty much it. There are other incidentals like Amp wire kit and sub box.

Infinity Reference 6010 $125.00 (For two Pair)

Are those interior speakers? I am mainly looking at doing the interior and then going to subs later on.

how much trouble was it to put new amps in? I went to a shop and they said that I would fry my system if I replaced it with new stuff.

I have the same 7541 amp. Where did you get it for $89?? Eventually I'll put together some components, throw in my old MTX 10s, and drive it all off an in-car PC. Just need to but the components, a socket A processor and heatsink, and a power supply... oh and a good car to stick it all in.

how much trouble was it to put new amps in? I went to a shop and they said that I would fry my system if I replaced it with new stuff.

Whoever told you that is some lazy bastards. I took out all of the factory stuff, and threw that stuff away. I ran all new wires, routed them through the rubber boots in the door jambs and under the carpet. There is nothing that will fry your system. (Come to Houston and spend the day, I will hook you up. Drop me a PM)

I have the same 7541 amp. Where did you get it for $89??

Medium, I got all my equipment off the ever famous Ebay.

Personally I love infinity. I have always put there speakers in my cars. 2 things. 1. you should've not gotten the refrence series and spent a lil more for the kappas or I believe the components are named perfect. and 2. you should not have gotten the infinity subs. but besides that good job

I myself per Infinity. Any component will do. Just use 6.5" My 6.5" are for the doors and the rear.

Was it much trouble to get the kit to fit? Or did it just fit right in? I have never had the door panels off so I have no idea what it looks like in there. If I were to change the speakers can I use the factory amp or does it have to be a new one? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Was it much trouble to get the kit to fit? Or did it just fit right in? I have never had the door panels off so I have no idea what it looks like in there. If I were to change the speakers can I use the factory amp or does it have to be a new one? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

IMO, if you are going to change the speakers, you may as well go ahead and do the whole system. You will be very much sastisfied.

IMO, if you are going to change the speakers, you may as well go ahead and do the whole system. You will be very much sastisfied.

Sorry my post wasnt very clear. I have the jbl factory stystem now and i was looking to upgrade to a better component kit. I was wondering how hard that is to do and if i could use the amp with it as only as a temp thing till i can afford a better amp.

Sorry my post wasnt very clear. I have the jbl factory stystem now and i was looking to upgrade to a better component kit. I was wondering how hard that is to do and if i could use the amp with it as only as a temp thing till i can afford a better amp.

Putting in the components are not hard at all. Taking the door panel off isn't hard at all. You can install any speakers with the factory system, it would be no problem.

It is interesting to hear switching from JBL to Infinity speakers. I believe they are made by the same company - Harman International Industries.

I have the stock JBL speakers in my Mark, and stock Infinity speakers in the R/T, and I too can tell the difference between the two. But, I always thought it was the Ford vs Chrysler head unit and amp that made the difference, not the speakers. :)

You are absolutely right. JBL and Infinity are under Harmon Kardon, but you can clearly see and feel the difference between stock and aftermarket.

Members online

No members online now.
Back