Freshly Washed and Waxed

slackjoebill

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got finished up on cleaning the Stinkin Lincoln :L

592335_20_full.jpg

592335_21_full.jpg

Nice lookin car. Is that NightShade on the fogs and corner lights? Looks kinda cool.

ambisonics said:
Nice lookin car. Is that NightShade on the fogs and corner lights? Looks kinda cool.

No, its actuall window tint spray paint. All you have to do is get some high grit sandpaper and sand your fog lights and side markers till there are real smooth and then paint your lights till they are as dark as you want then get some clear coat spray paint and put a couple of coats of clearcoat on. I think it really changes the look of the car and It'll only cost 15 bucks tops.

:GotPics: how about a closer shot of the work you did on the headlights.

VYPER said:
:GotPics: how about a closer shot of the work you did on the headlights.

My computer was down till now, so Ill post some pics of the corners and fogs tomorrow.

why would you want to black out the fogs? I think the car looks tight with the fogs as visible as possible. Not trying to degrade your car or your taste, just curious, thats all.

mayhawboy's LS said:
why would you want to black out the fogs? I think the car looks tight with the fogs as visible as possible. Not trying to degrade your car or your taste, just curious, thats all.

I just like the all black look and also since I plan chrome wheels I think that the wheels will stand out more if there is more black on the car.

blacking out the fogs is pretty ugly however.....they look SICK on your car. I likes

didjital| said:
Wow looks great, what did you use to do it?

Nothing but translucent black spray paint, clear coat spray, high grit sand paper. You can check out reply #5 to see how I did it. Thanks for the compliments

slackjoebill said:
Nothing but translucent black spray paint, clear coat spray, high grit sand paper. You can check out reply #5 to see how I did it. Thanks for the compliments

Where would I be able to find/buy "window tint" and clear coat spray paint.

Hard stuff to find, most thought i was crazy asking about it =) -- where did you get the stuff you used?

I looked online, froogle, ebay and other places and it seems mostly hobby/model places carry a few types. Murrays, AutoZone and Advance had no idea what it was or anyone who carried it.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Very nice, clean black paint - good job.

I'm not sure I like the blacked out fogs, but if you get sick of them - the 03's are a nice upgrade.

But I do like the tinted corner lights, I went as far as to paint mine solid black and disconnect the bulbs. The turn signal bulb in the main light housing is plenty visable from the side.

didjital| said:
Hard stuff to find, most thought i was crazy asking about it =) -- where did you get the stuff you used?

I looked online, froogle, ebay and other places and it seems mostly hobby/model places carry a few types. Murrays, AutoZone and Advance had no idea what it was or anyone who carried it.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Sorry for the delay, went to Mrytle Beach for a couple of days. Any ways, I found the paint and the clear coat at my local hobby store. Those are the only types of places Ive found it at. Ive also seen it a Wal-Mart.

Members online

No members online now.
Back