freon?

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
where is the freon port of a lincoln ls v8 at? is it under the car??? help anyone?....i couldnt find it but i havent checked under the car either just the top...

Turn the steering wheel all the way left, its behind the drivers side front near the swaybar.

So my a/c seems to be running out of coolant(not so cold). Would one can be enough or do I need two.

a lot of people say on here that u have to remove the splash gaurds just look under the car close to the driver side front tire

you need to fix the leak

Amen.
Each time you add R134, you will also add a tiny bit of air and moisture. Eventually, this will ruin the system. Also, it is hard to keep the oil level correct in the system.

ok i found it and put the coolant on but the clutch didnt kick it...after awhile i vaccumed it all out and i put some more in and then the clutch kicked in but no cool air??? any ideas on what went wrong???. im gonna have it looked at...

Do you have the A/C on with FULL fan on the 60 degrees? Have a friend rev it around 1500 RPM so the motor is working it, it literally sucks in the freon if you got it hooked up. Your gauges should jump between high and low pressure because the A/C only kicks in when needed, when it's short it will stay full open unless there is enough coolant to hold the pressure, it will then let off and it should drop about 5 or 6 PSI. When it starts this cycle its getting to where it needs to be.

That's what my uncle did this last weekend. I was short at around 28 or 29 PSI to start with. The gauge did not move at all like it should have, it just held the valve open trying to build up the pressure and it finally did after about 1/2 a can (a minute). We put in a whole 10oz can and got it to around 37, which is normal operating pressure.

yeah i had it on fullblast on 60 but no cool air...after the clutch turned on and no cool air i turned it off and on again but the clutch didnt kick in anymore.

well damn then, it must not be warm enough to cool the inside of the cabin... it may just be pulling in air from outside thats cool enough.

well damn then, it must not be warm enough to cool the inside of the cabin... it may just be pulling in air from outside thats cool enough.

Inside air temperature has nothing to do with the AC clutch being turned on or off. The climate control always turns the AC on (unless you press the AC button to turn if off). It always cools, once the interior temperature reaches your setting, it starts adding heat to avoid going too low. It does not turn off the clutch to the AC. (Also, "60" is a manual setting that will cool at maximum even if the temperature in the car is less than 60.)

The AC clutch is turned off if:
1. Engine temperature is too high.
2. Engine RPM is too low (under 600 RPM)
3. The gas pedal is floored.
4. AC low side pressure is too low.
5. AC high side pressure is too high.
6. Under hood temperature is under 40 F (this is a function of the low pressure being too low due to the temperature).
7. Evaporator air discharge temperature too low.

Inside air temperature has nothing to do with the AC clutch being turned on or off. The climate control always turns the AC on (unless you press the AC button to turn if off). It always cools, once the interior temperature reaches your setting, it starts adding heat to avoid going too low. It does not turn off the clutch to the AC. (Also, "60" is a manual setting that will cool at maximum even if the temperature in the car is less than 60.)

The AC clutch is turned off if:
1. Engine temperature is too high.
2. Engine RPM is too low (under 600 RPM)
3. The gas pedal is floored.
4. AC low side pressure is too low.
5. AC high side pressure is too high.
6. Under hood temperature is under 40 F (this is a function of the low pressure being too low due to the temperature).
7. Evaporator air discharge temperature too low.

Like i said in my first post here, have a friend rev the car at around 1500

Like i said in my first post here, have a friend rev the car at around 1500

No need for that. The AC works perfectly at idle RPM, which is around 750 RPM. The engine computer cuts it off if it thinks the engine is about to stall. The 600 RPM figure is just a guess on that, it will vary depending on the situation. If the engine runs correctly, then this is not the issue.

I'm having a similar problem, my a/c has started cutting on and off. It will run fine then just shut off for a few minutes, then come back on. Seems to run fine at highway speeds. Coolant problem? or sensor problem?

it was the compressor. its busted and doesnt have any strength thats why it wont throw cool air. i took it two three diffrent guys and they all said the same thing...damn!!! How much does a compressor go for?

it was the compressor. its busted and doesnt have any strength thats why it wont throw cool air. i took it two three diffrent guys and they all said the same thing...damn!!! How much does a compressor go for?

Seems like it was over $600 for the Compressor + clutch + install.

It seems like these compressors sometimes develop an oil leak. Once the oil leaks out the compressors fail. If that's what has happened to you, then you will also need to replace the receiver/dryer and completely flush out the rest of the system. The problem is that there are probably little bits of metal from the failed compressor all in the rest of the system. If you don't get them all out, they will destroy the new compressor is a few months.

Members online

No members online now.
Back