Freakin Hail Damage

YouthKwest

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well my friends, the time has come, Mother Nature has finally thrown her wrath upon my car.

We got tennis ball sized hail at the largest and golfball sized hail at the smallest two weeks ago.

I sustained plenty of damage. Hood is hosed, top is hosed, the fender is chipped/dinged, and the trunk lid is pretty bad

The car has to be repainted due to the chip in the fender and the hood.

From what the insurance is stating is that since they have assessed $5700 damage (HAIL????!!!) and the resale value of my car is 5900, they are going to total it out.

Car runs absolutely like a top, has 85K miles on it, and everything inside works, except the heated driver's seat.

The only drawback for them is when I take my system out, there will be nothing but a bunch of holes in the car. Take that Insurance commie bastages!

Needless to say, this may be a blessing in disguise. I am going to be shopping for a smaller car, that gets better gas mileage and is more hospitable for a system. My only regret is that I have over $500 worth of Second Skin dampner throughout the car and it was poopydust to install...not looking forward to buying more and installing it again.

I still can't believe that this is for hail damage. I would think you just total a car that cannot be driven again, not for having multiple dings in it. I am just sick over this.

--Joe

You may not even get a salvage title. Many companies let you buy the car back for cheap.

If they value your car at $5900, thats what they should pay you minus the buy-back. In this case little since the damage amount is so high.

These places dont want trashed cars to deal with.

Jamie might have many parts in Pearl. Could swap out hood and bumpers. Then all you need is roof work and such.

In the end you could walk away with a couple grand in your pocket.

I got a phone call last night about hail a few streets over and freaked out. I hopped outta bed and went and parked under a bridge for 40 minutes!

I got a phone call last night about hail a few streets over and freaked out. I hopped outta bed and went and parked under a bridge for 40 minutes!

"...you could end up like Matt Foley being...35 years old, thrice divorced, and living in a van down by the river!"

mattfoleyyc7.jpg

"Well, la-dee-freakin-da!" :D

Anytime I hear hail is coming my way I go to the carwash.

Members online

No members online now.
Back